Shout Outs

This is Day 1.

This forum is where you need to be, this day, and every day.

This is the group of people you want surrounding you. People who have and are fighting the same fight, chewing the same dirt, walking the same path, that you know you need to walk, to find the life you are seeking.

This is Day 1. Get up, and get after it. Get better at getting better, this day, and every day.

12 Likes

Exactly what Stevie said! Come back to us friend!

1 Like

Mark it on your calendar. I found that the milestones on the counter were to far apart. I didnt think I’d be able to go from 1 month to 6 months. Instead I created lots of milestones. You can make your own as long as you have a number of days and a date in mind. I put things like “sober” holidays, “sober” birthdays, month markers, etc. Break it all up into bite sized chunks. Then when you’re tempted look at your counter and say, “I’ve only got to make it two more days until [insert milestone]”.

This helped me considerably.

3 Likes

You can do it man!!

2 Likes

Thank you @NewPerspective, @Sober_Ninja and @SassyRocks :slightly_smiling_face:

Great thread @DungeonMaster. This is a wonderful place where we all build each other up.

4 Likes

We need to be there for each other. Addiction is an isolating, self-indulging disease. It shouts me, me, me! It was pride that got us all here.

Crawling out of the morass of addiction must push us to become selfless. Selfishness has no place in recovery. We have spent so much time focused on gratifying ourselves, it’s time for change. Here, I hope we can build each other up. Focus on anyone and everyone’s positive attributes rather than anything about yourself.

That is one thing I am grateful for. It is everyone here that has led me to sobriety. It is my God that has given me strength. Because one this is for sure, I was powerless to stop the addiction myself.

5 Likes

@Sober_Ninja. Girls kicking ass and taking names! @anon2074485, girls got spirit and she cracks me up! @Yomomma, jumped in with both feet and made one hell of a splash!

Haha, I guess it’s power women day for me.

8 Likes

I concur with everything you said. @anon2074485 cracks me up on a daily basis. @Yomomma, you’re ability to jump in whole heartedly and make it seem like you’ve always been here is impressive. @Sober_Ninja, you’re always around when I need you with a new perspective to help. I would just add that @Meggers, you are an inspiration and hilarious. Also @NewPerspective, I admire your strength and perserverance.

We all need to meet up in person eventually!

9 Likes

We so do. And my shout out to you is, even though you are a Philly girl, I dig pretty much everything you say on here. East or west, us PA peeps got a certain attitude that I wouldn’t trade for the world!

2 Likes

And P.S. … It scared me that people think I’m an inspiration. Haha, but I AM hilarious sometimes. That much I’m comfortable with. :joy::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It should impress you that I’m inspired by someone from Pittsburgh! :rofl:

3 Likes

By two people from Pittsburgh…

2 Likes

I know. It’s crazy! We’re proof that eastern and western PA peeps can get along!!

2 Likes

Only the special ones. Haha, It takes amazing people to wade through those differences. But the flip side is with our similarities AND differences we got this shit on lock! We are gonna save the world!!! Oh wait, that’s a whole different forum. Shhh!

3 Likes

I am so glad you and @Meggers joined up. I appreciate your posts whenever I see them. Thank you!

3 Likes

I hope you can come here and use this place a somewhere to vent. I definately know about needing some space from some of the intense stuff going on around here, but when I don’t have the energy I just read funny threads or the threads that certain people use for venting or personal craziness. This place holds me accountable as I don’t do meetings. Either way, good to see you are still sober and fighting the hard fight.

3 Likes

I have to add @Gabe.G to the list too.It’s not just what he knows it’s how he communicates. Some people might get caught up in their own self importance but @Gabe.G is always down to earth, respectful . He is not one (from what I have seen) to try and put himself above others he is more experienced than and comes across very genuine.

7 Likes

It was long, but well worth reading! Lol I totally hear you. It is what is BEHIND that craving…the anxiety and stress…what is back there. When we can manage that, we can overcome. Glad you are doing well. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hey @Spartan_Chris. Sucks that you are struggling. Just know that u can do this! Ur a Spartan!!! This is Sparta!!!

5 Likes

Naaaaaaw making me blush hahaha

2 Likes