Show the artist within you (Part 2)

12 Likes

That looks awesome Mike. You have a good eye for shape and for symbolism (the hands holding each other as a symbol of love and the parent-child connection). I don’t know where you’re at right now but if there’s some way you can get a tattoo business going I am sure you’d build a strong customer base. One step at a time and only if it’s helpful if course - but if it’s something you’re thinking about, I can tell you that you have the ingredients for success as an artist.

Will you be getting it done this year?

4 Likes

I was trying to build a business last year, it’s still my dream today. I would like to try again soon, possibly. I will be getting it tattooed soon for sure

2 Likes

Drawing I put together

21 Likes

Wow! This is incredible Mike! I have heard that hands are probably one of the hardest things to draw and you completely NAILED it!! Beautiful picture. I think it will be an amazing tattoo!

5 Likes

I really like this Mike, great job

2 Likes

On a roll today. Been drawing for like 12 hours lol

18 Likes

Beautiful work! I look forward to seeing more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love waking up bright and early, nothing better then starting the day with a drawing

13 Likes

@anon53116147 your work has always been great but you are drawing some really amazing stuff recently. I agree with @Matt that you have a future as a very successful tattoo artist if you decide to start your own business.

3 Likes

Thank you man that really means alot. I’m becoming a recovery coach, going to school for my case act. And also gonna tattoo on the side.its gonna be awesome

2 Likes

One more I did today. Gonna take a little rest from drawing lol

17 Likes

It’s amazing how many doors open up when you put effort into recovery. All your hard work is really showing off man, you’re setting a great example for your girls. Proud of you :muscle:

3 Likes

@JasonFisher it’s great!!! Your connection with the ocean and its habitants is undeniable :ocean:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been working a lot and was excited to start this project. I had to be at the boat at 5am and I started this project at 6pm. I originally thought Id sculpt the octopus and get some zzzz.

I should have stuck with that plan.

I decided I would pour it so the mold would be set up when I got back home. That was a bad idea for a first time doing this.

My form to make the pan deeper failed. I used tape and the liquid silicone caused it to unstick making my forms useless. I waited for the silicone to set up a little hoping I would be able to get it to seal enough to fill the rest of the way. I ended up pouring the rest of the silicone I had into it and I left for work. It was holding but it felt sketchy.

I wrapped towels around it and hoped for the best as I left for work.

My form failed.

I made a mess. Im really good at making messes!

Fortunately, I poured on an unfinished floor which made for easy clean up.

I made a silicone towell sculpture! :rofl:

The good news is that my form is now sealed, but I dont think new silicone will stick to the old.

And the new silicone epoxy will take a week to get while the rest of my components will be delivered.

So much for being ready. :laughing:

The octopus isnt going anywhere…

I might be able to make notches in this that the new liquid can pour into. A dovetail silicon joint. Like in furniture building.

New silicon ordereded…

9 Likes

Love this mike!

2 Likes

I really love what you’re doing man. Can’t wait to see the finished product

1 Like

The reference my buddy gave me for a drawing. And what I came up with. Hope he likes it

13 Likes

Was really excited and wanted to share my new machine

11 Likes

Looks good. Can’t wait to see your finished work. Now you can post .:+1:

4 Likes