Sober All Sports

I’m watching the Spain game as well! England kick off tomorrow :cupid: not convinced we will go too far though.

4 Likes

I nearly forgot about it, with the excitement of the nba finals and my usual fixation on baseball. They haven’t really been advertising it here, either!

Love this and the world cup. Try to catch every match if I can. Nice matchtimes here…6am, 9am, 12pm. Perfect!

I need to watch a few matches and figure out who my horse is, since Ireland and Greece aren’t there

4 Likes

I cant wait for the steelers this year… i made my bet already 200 on the steelers super bowl bound !!!

1 Like

Still buzzing from the Celtics winning championship number 18.

Parade is today. I generally get too anxious in that kind of atmosphere but there is NOTHING like being in Boston when the Celtics win the title. Was there for it in 2008.

Wish I could be there to celebrate. A day where I wish I could teleport back to MA for a bit. Not only the clear-cut best team this year, but a stellar group of high-character guys.

giphy (7)

8 Likes

Who’s watching the game Monday?

giphy

4 Likes

I’m watching! Don’t have a favorite but the comeback after 3 down is exciting.

2 Likes

Indeed it is! This is very exciting hockey to watch. I’m cheering for the Oilers - sticking with my Canadian team :canada: :innocent:

2 Likes

Ok go O Canada! Game about to start. :ice_hockey:

1 Like

The puck drops now in game 7 of the Edmonton Oilers vs the Florida Panthers!

The Stanley Cup will be awarded tonight :star_struck:

4 Likes

Canes fan here! But I’m pullin for the Oilers here. We don’t need any panthers on ice :joy:

4 Likes

NHL Can Canada overcome?

1 Like

Canada advances to the Copa America semi final :scream:

2 Likes

Setting my alarm to get up at 3a.m. Ontario time to watch Simon Van Dorp. For those who don’t know @Mno he does alot for this community and Simon is his family. Very cool. Praying he does his best, win or lose. Also I love watching lots of sports but connections like this are special to me. Thanks for being here menno. My favorite family vacation was to the summer olympics for a week in Atlanta in 1996 what a great experience that was.

7 Likes

Some great memories from the Dutch in the 1996 Olympics. Mens’ eights in rowing and the mens’ volleyball are edged in our collective sporting memories.

Thanks for the support Brian :people_hugging:. Simon started well this morning, winning his heat easily. Quarter finals next. Hopefully the final next Saturday. My sis, his mum is there with his brother. It was a bit too complicated for me to make it there. Go Simon!

8 Likes

Simon posted the best time thus far in mens skulls @Mno :pray:

Canadian swimmer got our first medal of the competition
and our mens basketball team just snuck past the greeks. I liked the opening ceremonies and the unique Olympic flame

3 Likes

Loving the commentators that have been working the Canadians mens indoor volleyball. Hilarious. Watched Simon win his second race @Mno very cool

3 Likes

Been sharing mostly on the Olympics thread. Just want to thank you Brian, for the support ahead of this mornings final. Gogogo Simon!!!

4 Likes

Cheering for Simon coming up soon!
Men’s Single Sculls A Final.
@Mno

Pics from his three wins so far.

Pic from first Heat. 1st Place July 27

Quarter Finals July 30 1st Place.

Semifinals Aug 01 1st Place

4 Likes

Congratulations Simon on the bronze and to the others for their medals!

6 Likes

Congrats simon. Didn’t notice there’s an Olympic thread. I will check it out. Thanks @Mno

3 Likes