Sober at 60!

Milestones!! My 4 years of sobriety is coming up in less than a month and today is my 60th birthday!! How the heck did I get to be 60 AND sober!!?

Missing and remembering all the friends who have come and gone here and supported me in those early years; and appreciating all the beautiful souls here now and your endless kindness. :heart:

To celebrate my 60th on 2.22, I ran 2.22 this AM … very empowering that these old knees still got it. :running_woman: I always wanted to ‘be a runner’ and sobriety helped make that dream come true.

For some of us, sobriety can take a long time to stick…it did for me. Baby steps, one day at a time, it adds up. Never give up, never surrender.

Today I am grateful…for my sobriety and for TS. I am especially grateful I lived to celebrate 60 years in this body, after 40+ years of drinking and drugs. And I am endlessly thankful to have made so many special memories with our grandson these past several years. :hugs:

It’s never too late
to change
the road you’re on.

:herb::heart: Sassy :heart::herb:

46 Likes

Well happy birthday miss sassy. It’s nice to put a face to your name and I will say you really don’t look over 45 so keep doing what your doing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

3bac5e13be85164d23ce5d9c1f87f9e64f8014cd2f212801bc3b2d5b5681eb32.0
You look beautiful!

4 Likes

Happy birthday, and thank you for being a voice of compassion and kindness, most especially reminding us to be kind to ourselves on our journeys. I am grateful to be on this journey with you!

5 Likes

Happiest of birthdays to you! You’re inspiring to say the least. A strong, kind, caring, sober woman. Beautiful inside & out! Hope you have a great day.
PS, I can’t believe you’re 60! You look nowhere near that! Goals! :hugs:

3 Likes

Well Happy Birthday to you, the Grand Dame of TS! Hope your day is wonderful!

2 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There must be a portrait of you in your attic which is aging slowly coz it sure isn’t happening to you.
Congratulations, friend.
What an achievement across so many aspects of your life.
:ok_hand::+1:

5 Likes

Truly inspiring @SassyRocks
Congratulations on 4 years, and Happy Birthday :gift::balloon: :partying_face::cake:

3 Likes

Like Maggie Smith on Downton Abbey!! I love it!

3 Likes

Haha, maybe I sold my soul long ago and I don’t remember…eek!! :wink:

2 Likes

Well done Sassy, massive achievement. It’s great to know you

:blush::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Bullshit! You ain’t turning 60 with that youthful face…think we need some identification!

Edit: congrats, you have been a huge inspiration to me!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday and HUGE congrats on the 4 years when that odometer ticks over!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

What a nice grin! Bless you and yours on this special day! :pray:

3 Likes

Congratulations that’s so cool!

3 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday: :partying_face: :tada: :balloon: :gift: :confetti_ball:
And you are so beautiful. Sober looks good on you Sis

3 Likes

Congratulations Sassy! Happy Birthday and Thank you for all of the support you provide around here!

3 Likes

Happy 60th birthday Sassy. You look so young and vibrant. How wonderful for you to celebrate this great birthday sober. You are always such a great assets here. Personally I think the forum should be renamed to Sassy Sober Time.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for you being you.
:birthday: :partying_face: :tada:

3 Likes

Happy birthday beautiful lady! Keep shining :star::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Happy birthday Sassy. Really great to finally put a face to your name :smiley: … and you don’t look like 60 at all

3 Likes