Sober Life: Get Up and Get After It!

I will. Just at the airport now and have my orange shirt ready for Kings Day. Enjoy the celebrations :crown::crown::crown::crown:

1 Like

04:32 up and after it!

3 Likes

What time do you go to bed? I’m normally a 6.00am starter bur that’s taking it to a whole new level.

Up at 6.30 this morning, coffee, 20 minutes of yoga with lots of planking, tidied my flat, dropped the dogs with my friends and now at the airport to fly to Amsterdam. I’m going to have a sleep in tomorrow, not getting up before 8.00.

4 Likes

I try to be asleep by 22:30 at the latest and I will regularly do a 20 minute power nap in the early evening.

(Day 145) On the PT schedule this morning: 45 minutes of walking, 15 minutes of stretching&flexibility while listening to the WWII history podcast, and then 30 minutes Krav strikes on the heavy bag.

1 Like

Love those Sisters! Up and after it for the Lord!

1 Like

I’m usually up by 5 every day. I don’t set alarms. So sometimes this ranges from 4:30-5:30 But I usually wake up watch local news so I know how many clothes to throw on. After about 30 minutes of coming to life I’m tolerable so I will check the board answer texts ect. I read a daily devotional and try to give myself those first few minutes of my day to direct my thoughts to a healthy manner. These last few weeks my routine is so chaotic. I’m usually out the door at 6 to take on the workday. I think after today I’m going to be back to my normal 8 work start. My evenings use to be mine but here recently those have been filled with tooooo much. This guy is getting tired. Nothing special for me but it keeps me on track I guess.

3 Likes

Up at my usual 04:30, but moving slow. Spent all day yesterday planting strawberries, kiwi, and grapes. Feeling it in my back, legs and shoulders. Went for a brisk walk and did some light stretching. Have Krav tonight, so I’ll get after it more later. Took this picture on my wall. Moon was huge.

2 Likes

I took a pic of moon on my way home from the gym this morning. Up at 4:15. Take care of animals and at the gym by 4:45.

2 Likes

man. i was feelin proud of myself for regularly being up and drinking coffee at 7am the past several months. yall have made what is a small miracle to me seem like im flat out not trying! lol

but i find it very motivating so thanks and way to go to all of you!

3 Likes

Slept in a bit (07:00). Was sore from all the stooping and such from yesterday’s gardening. Got out for a 30 minute walk, listening to a good podcast. Felt loose and no more soreness. Did another 30 minutes of footwork and agility, and then some deep stretching. Now a paleo breakfast on the deck. Life is good!

I love the early mornings, best time of day, especially weekends. I love enjoying the stillness while the majority of people are still sleeping. The day is like a fresh coat of snow at that point. Pristine, silent…untouched. You won’t catch me in bed past 5/530 AM.

Some favorite things to do in that time are going for my run (3x a week, first thing), taking the dogs to the field down the street to run their guts out – joy in its purest form, making a huge breakfast while spinning some quiet records, and catching up on shows that I like but my girlfriend doesn’t. She’ll be in bed 'til 7 or 8, usually.

Early mornings are just one thing I will no longer let my binges take from me. I want every single one. That’s MY time.

Great thread.

3 Likes

I wish I was a morning person. I am such a night owl, sober or not lol. I’ll wake up early if I have to but early for me is 8 haha. I like to take walks in the evening. When the sun is setting. So I guess I’m the opposite of everyone on this thread lol. But I give credit to everyone on here. Morning people are very productive and kick ass!

1 Like

I missed this b4…
eyebrow raises wwII podcast u say? what’s the name of it?? I dunno why I’ve never thought of that b4, theres a podcast for everything these days. I have burned through these as of late and there are a lot more on the wish list but I had to slow down to make room for some fiction too.

https://worldwariipodcast.net

Also check out Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History Podcast. His series on WW1 was fantastic.

1 Like

I can understand your not being a morning person, what with your SO being a musician.

Me, I’ve been a morning guy forever. Paper route in elementary and Junior High. Meat cutter in High School. US Marine. Getting up and getting after it is what I do, I just do it better now sober.

2 Likes

I’ve never been a morning person even before dating my boyfriend lol. I’m a night owl at heart but I do envy morning people.

My wife and daughter are feminis nocturnus as well. On weekends I am up 5 hours before they are even thinking of getting up.

2 Likes

I probably just going to bed when you wake up hahah

2 Likes

It’s usually close to 5:30 A.M.

1 Like

Likely. I am up between 04:15 and 04:30, usually no alarm required, but I set one anyway.

1 Like