Sober Musicians/Celebrities/Actors (Who have inspired you)

I watched it back then, some are pretty intense. Very good though.

1 Like

Oz ran from 1997 - 2003. Which would make me 8/9 through 14/15 at the time. It’s a pretty graphic show. Pre-dated shows like The Sopranos and The Wire – and although it’s not quite as good as those, it set the groundwork and made those shows possible. One of the first shows that was so cinematic like that. Some really great acting, too. I had read it gets a bit wacky at times towards the end, and I’m starting to see it as I get to the end of season 4. But it still has me hooked and I’ll easily finish it out.

The Sopranos (along with most of the other HBO shows) was on Amazon Prime but removed a few months ago. I have HBO through my cable provider, so I watch them that way now on demand. I think you can get them directly through HBO GO as well, I think that’s their streaming service.

Well that makes sense I’ve got about 10 years on you, I remember seeing a bit of Oz and thinking it was full on. I just checked and we get sopranos on foxtel here so I might have to go binge it at my brothers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coliche
A american rapper who raps about his struggle with addiction and recovery

1 Like

Eric Clapton (I do believe?) At least, hearing the song Layle made me believe it is about caving in …

4 Likes

Slow hands they call him

He is excellent and one of my favs

@Maria

1 Like

Yes; I heard him speak on a YouTube meeting.

1 Like
1 Like

My role model .

I remember happening across this one day. I had no idea he was sober. I had no idea he had 35 years. It impressed me that he speaks so lovingly of his sponsor. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Steve Albini, Buzz Osborne, Henry Rollins, Ian MacKaye, J Mascis, Phil Anselmo, Masami Akita, Tad Doyle, Justin Pearson, Chris Colohan, Chase Mason, Mark McCoy, Christian Lembach, Stephen O’ Malley, Anton Newcombe, Graham Coxon, Kid Congo, Alec Empire, Brian Chippendale, Jason Williamson.

8 Likes

Russell Brand 10000% over 14 years completely sober what a guy and he is in stage 12 of recovery by passing the message on

5 Likes

Zakk Wydle, Jack Osborne, Jason Isbell. I’m sure there’s more but Zakk and Jason have both had a big influence on me. Jason’s lyrics about hit battle are actually beautiful

5 Likes

Every time I learn a famous person is sober (and there are SO many), it makes me feel happy that sobriety is represented on that level/ platform.

Here’s a few that have inspired me along the way
Alanis Morissette
Dax Shepard :100:
Rob Lowe
Macklemore

7 Likes

Edie Falco!! That’s a good one

2 Likes

I love this podcast! He’s my favorite sober celebrity :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I forgot about Edie. Sopranos was my favorite show back then and I loved her.

1 Like

Celebrities are people too. Addiction does not care who you are, where you come from, or how much money you have. Addiction is not discriminatory. We are all on this journey together. Sober celebrities help break the stigma of addiction. They have the platform to make others aware that drugs and alcohol are not glamorous at all. Here are some of the sober celebrities that I am proud of:

Trent Reznor
Elton John
Demi Lavato
Tim McGraw
Brad Pitt
Tom Hardy
Danny Trejo
Bradley Cooper
Eva Mendes
Christina Ricci
Robin Williams
Keith Urban
Jamie Lee Curtis
Denzel Washington
And of course, I am proud of everyone here!! Much love❤️

16 Likes

Wasabi snooters. Lol.

Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper inspired me to get sober. And of course Trent, was inspired by David Bowie to get clean and sober. This is a great list thank you. Love NIN.

4 Likes