Sober Selfies #15 (shirts required, please review rules)

Missing your smile. Congratulations on your 909 days :four_leaf_clover::tada::innocent:

3 Likes

Nice to see that sober smile again. Chin up. Spring is almost here!

3 Likes

it’s been a few years since I shared a selfie here. stepped away to pursue some educational goals and get my life on track. I stumbled with cannabis in January '21 (started again with pain after a motorcycle crash), lost my psychologist to cancer (unexpectedly to me) in Fall '21, then lost both my grandparents Spring of '22. I can say I still haven’t put alcohol in my body for almost four years (March 30th) and that is huge for me and my survival considering the “excuses” I used to smoke cannabis. Six weeks off cannabis yesterday and realized today that I need you all. All your smiling faces, stories of strength and hope and the bottomless wells of love and support. So I’m back and look forward to engaging with all of you again.

Thanks,
GrnOtterPop aka Sir Isaac Lime

48 Likes

So I am on day 9 going on to 10 tomorrow my orbital was broken a month ago hairline fracture so surgery. I lost my parents in a matter of 3 months in 2020 wild ride. A bunch of good appointments and sad ones. Been having sleep problems been drinking since I was 13 now am 33 and had enough. Much love :pray::heart:

35 Likes

It’s great to see you dear Sir. Welcome back and congrats on your sober and clean time. Onwards and upwards.

5 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober, Eric. “Let me up, I’ve had enough!”, that’s a reaching out for help. Check these two threads for kick starters!

3 Likes

At the doctor, kind of nervous. Getting something on my head removed.

27 Likes

Great to see you again! Forgive my absence, I seemed to have wandered into a cave and got lost for a minute there. Happy to have found my way out again. :hugs:

used up all my likes my first day back so I hope this comment = 1 like

3 Likes

Good luck,Mike. That can be scary.

1 Like

day 178

Mornings are dark again winter is on its way slowly
Have a safe day team, much love

33 Likes

21 days sober today. Been doing this completely cold turkey with no medication, or therapy.
Strict discipline on my diet, and life over all. Been walking and working out a lot every day. Already been losing weight and regaining more tone. Idk if it’s just me but there seems to be colour to my skin. I look / feel more alive & alert !

29 Likes

Congrats on the 3 weeks ODAAT.
Nice to meet us Drew.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Back home in my pjs after taking myself out for a nice meal and mock tail. Got my peanut butter cups and the heating on. I got my 9 months a few days ago. Giving birth to a new me :wink:

53 Likes

So today is a great day went shopping and got a major roadblock out of the way aka court and all is well. I am having a cooked chicken for dinner and my girlfriend of 4 years is here for the night. Oh got my to classic Sega Genesis systems from storage

Love y’all, :heart::blush:

35 Likes

25 Likes

Good to see you again Hayley. And congrats on the 9 months.
Way to Go!!
ODAAT
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you :pray::star_struck:

4 Likes

Congratulations glad your day was good also :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Dazercat thank you :pray: don’t let this baby face fool you, I am a grown soul in 28 year olds body :rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Gah!!! Look at that perfect little face🥰