Sober Selfies #16 (shirts required, please review rules)

:brown_circle::eye::large_blue_circle::eye:
Neat-O!

4 Likes

Love your home! The pictures behind you :heart_eyes: I love a map, have a folklore of the British Isles one, always finding something new.

Also, you are looking great too, sobriety suits you!

5 Likes

Hey Jenny thanks, this is a London one and it has some really cool stuff on the more you look! I feel happier in myself :smiling_face:

3 Likes

For you to squiz at.

4 Likes

Rock on! Hey, if Slash and Duff can get sober (for decades now) we can do it, too! Duff’s book has been a huge inspiration to me.

2 Likes

You made me think of Paul, a friend of mine who died nine years ago because of a freak heart condition. He lived in your town before coming here to work. The cap a tangible reminder for me. Still missed.

35 Likes

25 days, sunrise forest walk, autumn is dawning, so fresh and lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::leaves:

47 Likes

Damn. Some people just do cool so easily! Looking good mate. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Felt pouty yesterday running errands :v:

34 Likes

Thank you brother! Trying to find peace in Fashion.

2 Likes

Good morning from the Arizona desert TF :cactus: Me and Daisy having coffee here right now.
Great to finally meet you.
11 days looks gorgeous on ya :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Keep up the great work.
:pray:t2::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

If I may … I have a good book for ya, if you haven’t already read it.
The Power of Now

11 Likes

So here I am on day 6. I’m a little early for Halloween but in WAY better spirits.
I have found myself an addictions therapist after jumping through many hoops ( they don’t make it easy for people in need), my first session is in the 18th. I feel relief.
I have been sooo tired and fighting with my brain constantly. Today was a rough start tho! Cranky, irritable and trying hard to stay focused on the tasks at hand. For an instant I figured I deserved a drink to " calm " me down. THAT scared me! So I went outside, it’s getting chilly here, and walked around my house. Somehow that took the thought away. YAY!
I am listening to you all … and again Thank-you :purple_heart:

33 Likes

Look at you @CrystalSage ! Such a beautiful happy little family :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: at look at your smile… Heartwarming pic! Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Oh bless u Charlie :people_hugging:…have you ever read allen carrs easy way to quit drinking? Its brilliant for mindset on drinking especially dispelling any thoughts that drinking does anything good for us xx

3 Likes

Love your bookshelf :smiling_face: @Mno I’ve got so many unread books here. I just don’t have enough time to read them all. But the thing is, I do love bookstores as well and I hardly get out of a store without buying another book… It’s a devilish circle :rofl:
I guess if I’d walk into @RoseCityRonin s Bookstore I never came out again and would live there in that store for the rest of my life …never be seen again :wink:

4 Likes

Wow @JuliaLuna love seeing you smile and the little one looks as happy. This picture makes my day Julia.
I don’t know you but I love reading your shares and I’m so proud of you. Hope you don’t mind me giving you a big warm virtual hug :people_hugging::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Day 6 !!! this is amazing Charlie. I am grateful that your walk helped relieve the urges. Sorry about all the hoops - grateful that you have found a addictions therapist. 18th is not too far off - hope and relief are in your grasp. Keep fighting for your sober path. We do have your back here. Looks like you are healing well :pray:

3 Likes

what a lovely way to start the day! Always love seeing those smiles :heart:

1 Like

You’re beginning to heal Charlie. You’ve started on your road. It’s great to see. Very glad to have you here, together with us all. :people_hugging:

6 Likes