Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

Make the decision to do life differently and reach out tomorrow to a behavioral health clinic. Be honest with them and apply the skills they help you discover. No SH tonight at its not going to fix anything. You’re not alone in this gal.

7 Likes

One week is huge!!! Way to go on one whole week of choosing you.
Sickness and irritability? They can see themselves out now. :wink:
Big congrats to you. Onward, friend. :orange_heart:

6 Likes

@smitty97 thank you for the encouragement and advice. Appreciate everything u do.

4 Likes

@Jules000 Julia! I’m Julia too, we’re sisters! I just wanna say how proud I am of you for coming so close to the edge and pulling back. You are so immensely strong for feeling the great pain of this experience and facing it head on, keeping the focus on your true desire, reaching out for support, and learning/practicing the tools that will help you to make it through - you are a champion and you WILL get through this. these sensations you’re feeling are intense, and they WILL pass. you are actively breaking this cycle of abuse. you’re doing exactly what you need to do and I am so proud of your courage and determination to build a life for yourself that you deserve, a life that honors and takes care of you in reflection to how well you’re taking care of yourself. So proud sister Julia :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

@JuliaLuna thx so much name twin!!!

3 Likes

congrats on your 1 week! So sorry you are under the weather - hoping you start to feel better soon :pray:

Keep up the amazing work :muscle:

2 Likes

Congrats on your 1 week Liv

Sick irritable and sober.
Not too shabby.
I hope tomorrow is better for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I am so grateful that you did come here when you felt the urge to SH. We are here for you Julia. I know it feels scary reaching out for help but it will be easier being able to share these urges / sensations with someone else. Possibly find a healthier outlet for when the shakes start.

I know the evenings are the worst for you - is it possible to find ways to distract yourself at night - change up your routine?
Sending you love and hugs. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Looking great Jules.
I’ve had to share my feelings and issues with others so I could get better. I didn’t want to either. I don’t know much about SH. But I did find this.

https://www.thesira.org/our-organization

We are only as sic as our secrets. I am glad you feel comfortable coming here and sharing with us. Hopefully some day you can take it to the next level.
:pray:t2::heart::people_hugging:

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for the love, kind words and for being part of my recovery journey :large_blue_diamond::call_me_hand:t4:

9 Likes

Tired, tired boy today.

40 Likes

Congratulations @Kaeo :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
And nice chips (especially the one with the palmtrees :smiling_face:)

2 Likes

A nice trip with my Wife and daughters to the Royal Gardens Harlow Carr for their “Glow Show”.

Life is for making memories and living in the moment, you don’t get any replays so make the most of each opportunity.

Thankfully we are all blessed with the greatest gift to be able to make a change ever……time!

52 Likes

Was just wondering the other day how you’ve been cause I haven’t seen you around. Turns out your in Disneyland land :grin::+1:. Congratulations on being SAF for 5 and a half years. Glad you’re still around. :v:Have a great time.

2 Likes

Happy Tuesday everyone :blush:

57 Likes

Congrats, my sober twin :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey sober fam! Big things happening soon! I’m starting my very own podcast! I also created a sober instagram! My handle is sober_zaddy if you want to follow along on this path of recovery! I’m so grateful for this new life! Stay disciplined and as always one day at a time!

52 Likes

Good for you Zack. Let us know where the podcast can be downloaded. I’ll listen to it. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m also keen send link once its online

3 Likes

I second this.
I don’t have social media but would love to listen to your podcast x

Edit: beat me to it @Shawn1991 :rofl: I third this :rofl:

3 Likes