Sober Selfies #19 (NO swimwear, shirts required, please review rules)

Welcome back Julia, I am glad youre still here. I can really relate to all of your share.
There was a time when I too suffered from debilitating anxiety, depression, and mixed manic episodes. Its exhausting, I remember and I remember how hard it was for me to stay sober during that time. Its a miracle everyday we get clean no matter if they are consecutive, dont ever forget that. The fact you are back here trying again right away is inspiring to me, and it gives me hope. I want you to know that after being a member of narcotics anonymous, staying off substances for 4.5 years and getting outside help I dont suffer with any of those mental health challenges anymore. Thats just my story, but I do believe that I have healed my mind by putting in the work. We do recover Julia, dont ever stop trying. Sending you a huge hug filled with so much love.
:sparkles: :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you so much for this! :heartpulse: I find the mental part of it so hard. Like im clawing to get out of my own skull. Crying to myself that i just cant handle the ups and downs anymore and the unhappiness. So what you said gives me hope :pray::heartpulse::pray:

6 Likes

Celebrating my 50th birthday, sober in Colorado.

63 Likes

Ayyyyyyyyy!
Happy Birthday!
And a milestone birthday as well.
Congratulations on all the gifts you’ve given yourself in sobriety.

4 Likes

Happy birthday to you! Sobriety looks great on you and so does 50. A radiant smile right back to you. Well done!
:bouquet::birthday:

2 Likes

You ain’t gotta apologize to any of us here. You know we always have open arms for you sis. I can’t even count how many day ones I’ve been through. Happy you’re okay

3 Likes

@Button83 i get it… I’m on day 3… again

40 Likes

You look great! You are radiant! Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

That looks awesome!

1 Like

@Button83 great to see you posting friend and so very grateful that you sought help when those thoughts were so dark. :pray:t4:. Be proud that you are still fighting the fight and heres looking at day 1 …a day won :muscle:t4::people_hugging:
@KarenKW great to see you posting and a very happy 50th to you :tada::confetti_ball::birthday:
@Leviryan day 3 and moving forward :muscle:t4::tada::confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Great to see you Karen, and just as good to see you sober, and huge congrats on that, as well as happy birthday of course!

2 Likes

@Button83 Please don’t be sorry. Glad you’re here Julia, glad you’re sober and safe, one day at a time for all of us. And yes, we do recover. Big hugs and much love.

@Leviryan It’s good to see you too Levi. Use us as a tool of recovery. Hugs.

2 Likes

What is that?

2 Likes

Lets do this … i need to rely on you guys for help @jbaldwin84 @Leviryan I need all of you in this community!

7 Likes

Happy birthday :balloon:

1 Like

Happy birthday to you! :balloon::tada::balloon::tada:

1 Like

Hey. Day one is an ideal place to start. Get the basics down: good food, body movement, reading quietly, stay connected, hydration. No need to play big at first, just get back out your head and into trusting yourself.

We are all here behind you. Much love :two_hearts: you deserve this.

3 Likes

3 weeks at the gym…I can actually see the results.
1 year 10 days. Doing things that are good for me. :grin:

48 Likes

How was it? :cold_face:

1 Like

It wasn’t bad but water was too warm. Well, was good for a begginer but it wasn’t cold plunge, more like cool plunge :wink:
I filled it up with the coldest tap water and thermometer showed 18-19°C (66°F). It should be max 15°C (59°F) for all the health benefits so today I’m prepared :slight_smile:
It was definitely energising and made me laugh (and the rest of family too :wink:) so worth even if it’s “just” cool plunge. I feel good when I challenge myself and it’s definitely a challenge. Makes me happy.

26 Likes