Sober selfies

Thank you! This is the HARDEST thing I’ve ever done. I miss my kids so much

3 Likes

Looking good! Don’t think of it going down the drain.

Think of it of scraping everything down to the ground to allow you to build a solid foundation brick by brick to move forward in a sober life. If you can establish this solid foundation and build upon it – hopefully you can have a life where your kids never have a memory of their mother in an altered state from drugs or alcohol. The magnitude of that gift dwarfs this temporal sacrifice and work now, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Keep reminding yourself that you are doing this so you can be the best Mom forever. You can do this. Each and every day is another day of rebuilding you, rebuilding your life. They will never stop loving you, and will one day fully appreciate what you are doing.

Perspective matters. Victory here will give you perspective on so many other things in your life. One of the hardest enemies to defeat is our own self-destructive selves.

I remind myself that the hardest thing I ever did, was go to war. A real one. No matter how hard work gets, or life gets, I remind myself that as far as I know, no one wants to kill me, and everyone in my house loves me. Not a bad place to be.

2 Likes

Thank you just hard being without them as it’s the first time and for 60 days. I had intake yesterday for IOP and I start Monday 9-12 for 4 days a week 6 weeks.

Ive just never been without my kids or husband so these 56 days are going to be so so hard

Then make the sacrifice count! Make this the last time sobriety is an issue in your life, so it never again impacts theirs. I am sure they want you home too, but they would rather have you home healthy and well, than to continue the life-trajectory that you are on.

1 Like

Ha. Well thanks!! I’ve been working WAY to much! I had a day off a few Saturday’s ago. That was good😐

Way to go, twin! I love seeing that you are still here!

Day 439

19 Likes

19 Likes

SLAYER hell yeah!

1 Like

12 Likes

I love kombucha, too. It’s fizzy and tastes like a cider

3 Likes

You look so damn familiar to me! I’m sure I’ve never met you but I can’t shake it.

Haha you from Chicago or southwest indiana area?

Hang in there mama, you’re doing great.

1 Like

Nope. Grew up near San Francisco the moved to Pittsburgh, PA when I was 18.

1 Like

It’s soooo good!!

Haha I visited sf once! Never been to pittsburgh

I like Pittsburgh way better than I liked the Bay Area. Don’t know if it’s a case if grass is always greener. I consider Pittsburgh my home town. 412 BITCHES!

1 Like