Sober selfies

Ha ha, if only life was that glamorous, I wouldn’t be stood at the train station at 5.45 am for a 4 hour train journey in economy. Living the dream.

I did see Jeremy Corbyn today though, he’s the opposition leader here, so like Hillary Clinton or whoever took her place.

Tell me your secret! LOL

Lately I am going from sleep to Pantera F*cking Hostile in about 2.7 zeptoseconds.

7 Likes

I am hostile.

3 Likes

I’ve had that song going in my head since I read that. Love it!

1 Like

Me too, I’m as antisocial as they come.

My friend’s have some nice descriptions for me and I am often told I am a dick. I’m comfortable with that as it means less people will want to get to know me.

I am more the “Treat me good, I’ll treat you even better. Treat me badly, I’ll treat you worse.”

Has worked for me for as long as I can remember. No need to change now.

4 Likes

That’s fair, I don’t go out of my way to be rude, I’m quiet by nature, but if I get the bad vibes from someone I have my father’s straight talking drilled in to me.

1 Like

And now I’m psychoanalysing myself. I think I’m just shy really and it’s a front.

2 Likes

When school is in session, I will sometimes take my daughter in the morning. As I am walking her to her class, I hold her hand, and just walk. Several of her classmates asked her if her dad is “mean”. She said, “no. why would you say that?” The said “he just looks mean”. When my daughter told me that, I said, “let them keep thinking that, and tell them that I am only mean to people who are mean to you, and I am really mean to those people.”

6 Likes

Ha ha, I have the male equivalent of a resting bitch face, random people I have not been interacting with sometimes tell me to smile, then they get a real mean look. It usually does the job or if they persist I have no hesitation in telling them how I feel.

My wife calls mine the “serial killer stare”. Heck, sometimes I don’t even realize I’m doing it. I think it’s because I do lip-reading because of my hearing. Even with hearing aids, I still lip-read to make sure I am understanding what someone is saying.

1 Like

2.7 seconds is up from the 1.2 seconds it used to be.

Progress not perfection man. Keep trudging.

1 Like

I did some grounding meditation with some hematite last night and carried it with me all day today. I also did a bunch of yoga last night as well. It truly helped!

2 Likes

My secret is Krav Maga. I do “wall-to-wall” therapy that involves hitting things (and people), throwing things (and people around) Attempting not (mostly) to get hit, or thrown around. Does wonders for my attitude, and I sleep like a baby.

3 Likes

Yeah, my facial expression tell it all… I’m not a great liar because of it. But hey, I’m ok with that! My resting bitch face gets me out of a lot of situations I don’t want to be in!

4 Likes

I used to kickbox, I’d like to get back into that. But my body is to used and abused for that anymore. I enjoyed it thoroughly though!

1 Like

Yaaaassss!!! That is me to a T!! I can be the nicest person and give you the shirt off my back… until you piss me off, then watch the fuck out!

2 Likes

You are never too old. I am 52 and have the wear and tear of a military career to boot, and I am still getting after it. I’m one of the oldest students in the school, but that doesn’t matter. I hang with those kids quite well. I.will.not.quit.

1 hour of sleep…running on coffee and sarcasm on the way to see Shania Twain!

18 Likes

Let me rephrase that… my body is too old. I’ve got arthritis everywhere, and now that I’m sober I feel it a whole lot more! Low impact sports and activities are where its at for me. I’ve picked up yoga… :crazy_face:

1 Like