Sober selfies

It’s a beautiful day and today I’m thankful for waking up sober and discovering new hobbies :hugs:

36 Likes

Day 30. Teething baby. :unamused:

38 Likes

21 Likes

24 Likes

My nighttime routine USED to be drinking as much as I could before I knew I had to go to bed for work the next day. NOW, I’m spending my nights cuddling with my dog and reading. I used to think alcohol offered me fulfillment, but I see how I’ve been missing out on truly living my life. :heart:

34 Likes

Aww, thank you!! I appreciate the support :heart:

You look pretty mean on Monday’s. I want to see your Friday face. Don’t tell me its the same haha

1 Like

I have a resting bitch face issue… but this is my last Friday before vacation, so I’ll try to fake it this week! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yeah, fake a smile for me sometime. I want to see. What are your plans for vacation? I hope you have a blast. Then…when you return…you get to find out about the possible promotion right? Well, I hope you get it.

1 Like

…I don’t always smile either. I’m not Mr. Happy go lucky lalala. Haha. It is a new thing I’m just trying to practice doing more of.

1 Like

Oh, she smiles…sometimes! :joy::rofl::heart_eyes:

26 Likes

I ran out of “likes” but your photo gets a triple like from me! Very nice. Wow! Didn’t know you were close friends in real life settings. This is nice to see. I know you smile MandiH…you have a nice genuine smile is lovely. YoMomma…You wear a nice smile too. I likes! Thanks for posting this :grinning:

3 Likes

She’s my real-life bestie! Have been inseparable since the day we came back into each other’s lives as adults, geesh 10 or 15 years ago? We see each other several times a week (at least) and talk every single day lol. We keep each other sane, or something like that! Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I got sober a bit before she did, I was always at her house playing on my phone and laughing at it, showing her things that were going on. My favorite was when I hijacked the stravia thread and was learning foreign swear words! :rofl: So, even before she got sober she was already introduced to our shenanigans and loved it here!

2 Likes

Its so important to have that I agree. I have 3 different family groups…support systems. Recovery family, Fitness/Gym family, and Blood family. But YOU GUYS, you know, people who battle addiction, understand me the best. I will soon go back into the AA rooms or NA rooms. I need to prove to myself I want to be and stay sober this time for at least a month first. So you guys have actually been my primary recovery support system. I keep in contact with my AA buddies through phone, text, social media FaceBook…etc.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Totally understood. Took me until I was about 5 months sober to start going to AA. Had never been before, it was scary. But, we are out of our comfort zone every day lately and that’s where growth happens so it’s a beautiful thing!

3 Likes

Yes it is! I agree.
I used to do service work in AA. Secretary meetings and other service positions. Sponsor work. Shares at the podiums. Campouts. All of that. I was introduced into AA in 2004 when I was a Navy sailor. I went to my first rehab back then too in San Diego, CA with all branches of the military included. I’ve known of me being an alcoholic for many years now. I’ve even put together some years of sobriety…in the past. Its such a sneaky, sneaky disease. The only disease I know of that lies to you telling you you don’t have a disease. Cunning, baffling, powerful what they say…right? That is very true. No such thing as “out-thinking” a disease. I once thought knowledge alone kept me sober. I never thought I would drink again after years of sobriety. But in a moment of weakness…I was chin checked once again. Never can have too many walls of defense up against alcohol or drugs. That is why I love being here with you guys and really happy to have found this app. Because my mind never stops running. I’m up until late hours. I needed to find others who were like that too you know. So these forums and people are new to me…out of my comfort zone can be therapeutic and even healthy.

5 Likes

She’s it for me. I’m too honest in here and those that haven’t been in my close close life have NO idea what type of things have been going on in my world but she has lived it all right beside me. She’s one in a million! Love this woman! FB_IMG_1534248652898

19 Likes

I hate you…

6 Likes

I looooveeeeeeee you! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes