Sober selfies

I’m so jealous you are outside in gorgeous weather! Way to get at it! Come on spring!

3 Likes

Ah man.
I HATE respirator beard.
I always makes me feel like my beard is flipping up like Dilberts necktie.

2 Likes

It doubles as a great filter though :joy::rofl:

@MandiH the weather has been flat out luxurious. Like low 40s at night, high 60s in the day. Best time of year to be in the Valley

2 Likes

Happy Friday!

30 Likes

It’s a great saturday morning to be a bit creepy!

19 Likes

I found it thrifting this week! It says “Canadian Wildlife” underneath and I’m pretty sure it’s circa 1980. Best purchase ever

4 Likes

Messing with fiberglass…oh fun! Itchy n scratchy show… Is that the door speaker panel? I see you have been puttin in some work! Looks good

2 Likes

Yeah… definitely itchy when working with the chop mat, and then sanding the laid up stuff. Gloves and respirator are a must, long sleeve shirt is a good idea too lol otherwise it’s a coooolllddd shower and lots of rubbing in the downward direction.

It’s coming along. I’m getting better at what I’m doing apparently :joy::rofl: and the bondo is much nicer product to work with than the duraglass was, way easier to sand and lays out pretty smooth on it’s own. Oh yeah, and a 20 dollar detail sander from harbor freight has been worth every penny

1 Like

Yeah i tried fiberglassing a rear decklid for 6x9 grills to fit yrs ago. I eventually gave up after sanding and remolding. The bondo glass is more for structure to keep from cracking if using a thick amount. If your gonna paint it … That top coat stuff is amazing and. Sands like butter filling any small scratches or holes. If you wrap it in fabric it doesnt have to look as pretty lol…

1 Like

Yeah i got the duraglass on recommendation for its building and strength properties, just didn’t get a finisher/light weight bondo until now. Bought some Roberlo maxifill on amazon on another recommendation from diyma, seller sent me maxilight, I sent a message and they apologized, said they’d send the maxifill out first thing in the morning and too keep the maxilight on them, fuck yeah free bondo! The maxilight is like a thick pudding, it’s been a joy to sand so far lol.

I used dolphin glaze from Upol on my dash pods and sail pods, that stuff is definitely butter. Ultra nice to use. Very smooth, no pinholes cause it mixes so lovely and you can start with a 240 grit no problem.

Youtuber named sprayway (shout out to my dude lol) does a lot of videos. I watched his rear deck video, hes a little country but I like his creations/creativity. Check it out, maybe you’ll try again lol

Also, it depends on what fabric you use to wrap it. If you use vinyl a lot of imperfections will show through, crapet not as much. I’m gonna paint mine so I would like them as clean as a newb like me can get them

1 Like

The better you can mold the fiberglass makes for easier work too. I got some things i need to fix i just dread the resin and fiberglass work. I fixed my front bumber but never put it back on. For reienforcement i watched how u can soak rope and use it to strengthen the fiberglass as a rib. I tried it but havent got to see how it works. Some people do this when making subwoofer boxes. Which some can create massive air movement and stress. You gotta show us the final product! Lol

1 Like

The rope trick is a great tool, fiberglass itself isn’t very strong, it’s true strength resides in the angles. People also use Rondo for sealing and support inside a high pressure enclosure. Basically just a 50-50 mix of fiberglass reinforced bondo and resin that you mix up to milkshake consistency, with both catalysts added at the right percentages of course.

I actually like the fiberglass work lol, just need more patience. I wanna lay like 3 layers at a time and that’s just air pocket city

1 Like

Out to lunch with my soon to be 17 year old!

30 Likes

Selfie from my 2.5 mi walk today. My wife was with me for 1/2 the walk and said, “fuck it… too cold.” She’s smarter than me. :smile: Hope you’re all having a great weekend.

29 Likes

Hair’s looking great @Becsta!

1 Like

You look great! You look like Sinead o Connor in her young days, love it!

Still jealous over here and still wanna touch it :blush: I’m sure it’s suuuuper soft, right?

2 Likes

Loooveeee your amulet too! I see peace in you, you look fantastic!

3 Likes

Love this :star_struck: In high school my BFF developed a brain tumor and had to shave her head for surgery, so we did it together. It grew back quickly, but it was fun to mess with at different stages of growth. Life was so much easier without the extra fuss in the morning. This looks incredible on you.

6 Likes

18 Likes