Sober Weightloss group?

That’s my favorite!

1 Like

More details on this please :blush:

Also, I started a couch to 5k plan yesterday if anyone wants to add that to their excersize routine

The app for that is c25k and it’s really easy to use.

2 Likes

Just a heads up you won’t see much activity from me until at least tomorrow. I woke up yesterday with a terrible cold, and I don’t want to go to the gym sick, and I’m not eating much because I literally have zero appetite! I have lost 5lbs in the past 2 weeks- going to the gym 6 days/ week and doing the Body for Life fitness routine (upper body weights, cardio w/ sprinting intervals, lower body weights) all alternating days. It’s worked great! Also I cut out grains for the whole day other than at dinner. I’ve just been tested for Celiacs disease because my body hates bread products in general!! I’ve added a few ppl to the app already. Feel free to add me if I don’t have you yet. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Right! Today I started tracking my calories and I’m already over my limit :confounded: Usually I would eat more in some hours but now I know I have to stop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It was quite the eye opener!! Im definitely too lazy to weigh my food, but i did buy a food scale with that intention.

I use small plates too when i eat. Using a normal dinner plate makes it essier to fill up since it doesnt look like as much food on a big plate, even though its proper portions.

2 Likes

Doing this too :+1:

2 Likes

All the meals youve posted before looked really healthy and tasty.

1 Like

Thank you :kissing_heart: But I don’t post everything I eat hehe…

3 Likes

Steamed or roasted veggies are good fillers with a small amount of calories.

2 Likes

I just added a bunch of y’all on MFP :slight_smile:
My user name is my real name so I’m not posting it here but if you’d like to connect let me know!

3 Likes

I’m all about trying this. I’ve never done yoga, and my flexibility is now terrible. Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

Also please nobody judge me for my extreme food intake today I had the most intense workout I’ve had in years last night and am eating as a coping mechanism :joy:

4 Likes

I’m giving it a try after work. I was looking for a good at home yoga

Christinajohnson88, you can request me😀

2 Likes

Just requested!

1 Like

This IG account has some good info, he’s a quick reference for fat loss. Sleep is crucial for me!

4 Likes

So true about cardio being at the top of the pyramid. I used to only do cardio… and because of that I was basically building 0 muscle. Sure I lost a bit of fat, but it took longer and I was less defined for sure. Another great tip is to try and fill up on foods that are high in water content (less cals) as well as lower cal food in general. I know that seems over simplified, but one of my other apps stresses that you body just needs to feel full- and it can either feel full on high or low calorie food. You can have a chicken salad and feel full, or you can eat 3 pieces of pizza and feel full. Either way the goal is to not be hungry. Also, drinking lots of water speeds up your metabolism. Does anyone here do Isagenix?

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know why I ever stopped lifting and just focused on cardio, I was an undefined mess trying to unsuccessfully lose weight lol I still have my trouble areas/stubborn fat. But lifting and more protein really paid off. Totally agree with you on the whole thing with feeling full, it makes a huge difference what you eat.

1 Like

Yessss please! I’m on fitness pal - jennyryan88 please add me! I need some motivation. I have eaten sugar non stop since quitting, but have turned a corner now. Just 11lb to go to my target weight…!

4 Likes

I am interested but I have to admit that I relapse with food almost everyday. All my anxiety is burn with sweets or chocolates. :disappointed: I pay all my cravings with food and naturally I am overweight. I hope that threads like this help me to focus on avoiding unhealthy food.
Today day 0 of unhealthy food

2 Likes