Sober Weightloss group?

Wow, that’s awesome. It is a lot of weight fast, makes you realize just how many calories you were drinking!! Are you at your goal weight?

I’m not really sure what my goal weight should be. I do a lot of physical labor so my muscle mass means I’m super fit at 145/150 if my clothes are around size 5-6 US (from past, pre-alcoholism experience). That’s another 10 lbs to lose, but more like 2-3 clothing sizes. I’ll know when I get there!! I have been using the scale only to reinforce the benefits of quitting drinking because it reminds me how ma y garbage calories I was consuming, but I’m using my size/energy/BMI to set goals against rather than weight.

2 Likes

Great job!! I am also trying to lose the last 10. I am 1 year post baby #3 and I’d love to fit back into my pre baby clothes. I have already lost 10 in 60 days, and am going to the gym quite often so I’m hoping maybe by Christmas I’ll meet my goal! On Sunday I am going to go with a friend to a gym called 9 Round where there’s trainers who work you for about 30 mins in a group setting, with a sort of kick boxing vibe. Hopefully I can keep up!

2 Likes

Sounds good, I’m down for that. I might forget to check in daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is feasible. I am going to the doctor Tuesday, but last month I tipped the scales at 265. I’m only 5’10". Today is my 2nd day sober, I keep relapsing. I’m 62 and drank for the last 45 years. I am starting Smart Recovery and trying to learn how to meditate.

5 Likes

Hi I am interested to lose weight

3 Likes

'Tis true! At my fittest, I weighed 145 lbs and wore a size 2 (US) - 6 days a week training, and gawd, I was strong as an ox and looked great. Now I’m 156 and size 10 (but, unexpectedly, I also just lost 20 lbs in 74 days after quitting drinking). I feel great and I’m still strong, but I’ve got a lot of padding to get rid of.

3 Likes

I had no idea Skinnygirl made anything except cocktails! Awesome.

Omg, me neither

1 Like

Hello Bee!! Just wondering how things are going with you, haven’t seen you posting as much. Just checking in with you :blush:

Oooo this is an interesting thread. So how are we doing this?

Ummm. I quit using mfp. I used to have an ed and with all the meal tracking I kind of got obsessed with staying under my calorie goal and it wont let you post unless you are within 100 cals of your goal (at least with my calorie goals) so I could never post because I was way under that. So I stopped tracking.

2 Likes

I’m 20 days sober… my weight has stayed the same, however I have dropped a massive 6’’ around my stomach!! I have overindulged maaaively in the last week (Ice cream and lollies) but I am super keen to stay accountable with this thread? Who’s keen? Maybe weekly check ins and measurements/weigh ins.
Tell each other our goals for the week ahead and set challenges we have experienced…
since getting sober I have had the worse seeet tooth.now I need to say NO to the sugar too :joy:

@Beechasebee I haven’t had that trouble with MFP. Maybe they updated the app.

1 Like

@WineWitch293 I haven’t taken my measurements since forever. Currently, I’m stuck on a plateau and can’t seem to drop anymore weight. Well, that might be because I’m not exercising as much either.

1 Like

It didnt use to be like that, now they are trying to keep people with ED from using it to feed into it, so I get it.

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of talk about that. I log once in a while but I can’t do it every day bc it makes me all weird in my head. I have weight to lose, but I need to figure out how to do it without losing my mind.

1 Like

I’ve gained weight too. I’ve replaced candy with alcohol.

I am on my fitness pal. Eliteconstructionofnc is my user name…I’m not sure why but feel free to add me. I dont know how to add friends yet.

We have the same goal!

1 Like

I’m in that range too! Count me in! 26 pounds down would put me at the weight that I look and feel best.

2 Likes