Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

Yes me too. My favourite two buildings in my own town are Oude Kerk, the oldest building in town, a medieval church (which by the way was stormed and looted by the Protestants in 1566 as part of our 80 year religious war), and the Portuguese Synagogue. Love to visit both and just sit and try to meditate a little bit.

3 Likes

I don’t really understand why religious people would visit an atheist thread, but anyway it’s how it is :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I very much enjoy this thread. I commented, but didn’t flag. I’m not religious. In fact I see little value in organized religion, and certainly annoyed by the knock at your door religious types.

Couple observations from my many years here:

When people came on my threads to argue and tell me I’m mean etc I was told that people can comment on any thread they like. I read this thread because there’s good things on it.

It’s a bit hypocritical to start a thread because religious people don’t value your beliefs, then turn around and do the exact same thing you were complaining about.

It should be quite easy to promote religion without bashing atheism. It should be quite easy to promote atheism without bashing religion. The zealots on both sides are two sides of the same coin,

9 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

For clarification, flags are not approved because they ‘offend someone’, they are approved because they break a rule or guideline of the forum. The meme in question, which was flagged, called a group of people ‘dumb’…name calling is against the rules. That is why the meme was flagged and ruled as approved. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

I missed the drama and I’m quite okay with that :+1:t3: But I’d like to say happy Saturday to my favorite group of atheists!

6 Likes

Awwww happy Saturday Rosa!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Don’t stress it too much. It’s bound to happen on occasion and I’ve definitely been the source of some in my time here. Shake it off :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ll just share here, too, it’s my 15 year anniversary with my partner and a beautiful day for it. He’s my favorite atheist :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He was raised in a very Christian home and it took him till his early twenties to get out of the mindset and find his own path. His mom promptly followed, though she still attends a Unitarian Universalist church. It’s not easy living in the Bible Belt. Anyway, he helped me to become more comfortable identifying as atheist and I’m really grateful for him.

7 Likes

Oh that stinks. Hope she has a mild case.

1 Like

And thanks! I’m glad I could be helpful :heartpulse:

1 Like

I LOVE this thread. I’m thankful for all of you.

6 Likes

7 Likes

From my OWN personal experience. Getting out of the religious environment that I was in has let me be my full authentic self :black_heart:

4 Likes

Same here sister, same here :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

:clap:t3::black_heart: definitely freeing

2 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Absolutely love this Menno :dart::100::sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like