Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

This is fantastic, thank you!

3 Likes

9 Likes

@RosaCanDo
He has about a 10 minute preface and then it’s 18 minutes. It’s wonderful. Relax and listen. At the beginning he talks about how it’s not religious and is also for agnostics and atheist. That’s why I decided to put it here instead of on the anthem thread.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment graveyard 2022

ojez7

9 Likes

A reminder…

Also a reminder to keep this thread focused on sobriety or how atheism influences our own sobriety, rather than a commentary on the belief systems of others.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I’ve been thinking about attending a SMART meeting in person but unfortunately there are none where I live. Has anyone read any of the books they offer and if so could you reccomend one.
I’m doing really well at the moment 2 months without smoking and 3 days without drinking. I needed to purge the nicotine before i stopped drinking.
I’d like to have as many tools as possible to beat this addiction once and for all.
I do have a renewed zest for life at the moment and I’m not that naive that it will last forever any helpful comments greatly appreciated. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have not but maybe it’s an idea to check out the SMART website? You can find the full SMART program there, a forum, and a schedule of online meetings. Wishing you all success!

3 Likes

Good for thought on a Saturday! Duality helps us place an incomprehensible complex matrix into neat and tidy packages…but… in that packaging, obscures the nuance and murkiness that are the nature of our reality💛

8 Likes

What happened to this thread? It looks like someone killed it.

2 Likes

No, I think we all just stopped posting. Time to get back to it!

3 Likes

Welp I’m 1 year and 4 days sober without god.

8 Likes

3 Likes

He’s one of my favorite atheists.

Big congrats on your sober time.

Congratulations l!!

Mine too!

7 Likes

Ooo interesting…I don’t know why I didn’t know my good friend Harry Potter was an atheist!

9 Likes

I think the workbook is supposed to be pretty good! I ordered it and ended up giving it to a friend. She said it really helped her as she was starting out.

Thank you @siand . I’m going to order a copy I think. We cant have too much knowledge can we? I’d like to read the science behind why we drink and understand it more.

3 Likes