Something good, something bad, something random

A friend of mine told me about an activity she and her co-workers have to do at the end of every shift where they each say something positive about their day at work, something they think could have been better and then share a random fact about themselves so they can get to know each other better. I think it’s a really wonderful way to create a supportive, open and honest work environment and would like to do something like it on here.

So, the worst part of my day was forgetting my plantar fasciitis foot sleeve which resulted in 9 hours of pain in all of my joints on the right side of my body.
The best part of my day was after dinner (and after slipping on my foot sleeve) when I took my dog baby for a 5 mile walk. I popped in my ear buds, tuned in to my Vitali station on Pandora and enjoyed the company of my dog. The air was cool(ish), the sunset was beautiful, I felt peaceful and content.
As for my random fact, I am absolutely terrified of fish and tornadoes.

12 Likes

Something good: My co-worker gets random calls for some lady who used to have her number, her name is Evon and this lady does not have her life together, she gets calls from the principal of her kids schools, debt collectors, angry texts from people. It’s a running Joke in our office. Today my coworker scheduled an interview and at the very end said “thank you for the opportunity Evon.” And it was that point that we realized not only does she have Evon’s old number, it shows up as Evon on other people’s Caller ID. We laughed about it uncontrollably for about 5 minutes, it’s been my coworkers phone for over 2 years.

The bad: I had to call for a well-being check on a neighbor, he hasn’t taken his garbage bins out for weeks, his gate has been flapping open and closed for a long time, someone drove up and asked my mother if she’d seen the guy that lives there because he hasn’t heard from him in a while. So I did my due diligence and reported it.

Random: I have a phobia specifically about the cotton that comes in vitamin bottles. :confounded:

4 Likes

This is super cool.

The good: I dragged my ass to a meeting tonight even though I wasn’t feeling it. I’m glad I did.

The bad: We lost power at 4:30 am and didn’t get it back until after 3 PM.

The random: I loathe people who say “expresso.”

11 Likes

I read this too fast and thought you were afraid of toddlers, not tornadoes.

6 Likes

This is fun! And a great way to force you find something positive when things seem so tough!
Something positive about my day is having my little girl cuddled up on my chest sleeping (and not crying)
Something bad or not so good about my day is the almost argument I would have gotten into with my bf over something as stupid as saying 2 1/2 months vs 11 wks old :unamused:
A random fact about me would be I am completely disgusted by mushrooms :mushroom: (literally all I could think of at the moment)

4 Likes

Omg the ‘expresso’! I have been corrected 3 times till now in cafes for saying ‘espresso’, it drives me mad!

4 Likes

Is the guy okay?
What about the cotton in those bottles bothers you? I think that stuff is so fun!

@Hope0110 oooh, expresso ranks on my list of annoyances just below people who pronounce mischievous like misscheeveeus.

1 Like

Oh great thread!
The good: I feel absolutely calm and at peace, usually I’m restless and need to do something constantly.
The bad: My left shoulder feels like I carried a truck on it…but all I did was riding my bike yesterday and today I wanted to workout…sigh.
Random fact about me: I like spiders and I love that they catch and eat bugs. I try not to destroy their webs on my balcony and even in my apartment I have some spiders (2 or 3) that are welcome :blush:

5 Likes

This is a great thread!

The good: One of my favorite people ever is here today, my window washer/lobster man! Super stoked for our annual lunch conversation. Also gramma night tonight so I get to see 2 of my favorite people today, yay!

The can be improved: I slept in today until my alarm went off because I woke up an hour and a half early and went back to bed. I didn’t get my morning meditation time in and I can already feel it.

The random fact: I am a pretty random person in general but today’s fact is that I am not a fan of heights!

3 Likes

Two good things today!
1: Last weekend a co-worker dogsat for me while I went up north with my mom. We had agreed that I would pay her today (payday), but when I tried to do so, she refused my money and said that the time she spent with my dog baby was payment enough.
2: After fantasizing about it all week, I finally stopped and picked up too much Chinese food on my way home from work. It was perfect!

The bad part of today was a powerful, needless flare of anxiety which began around noon and did not subside until about an after I got home from work.

Random fact: I absolutely love fresh fruit with the exception of papaya because I think it tastes like feet.

2 Likes

I mean, toddlers’ tiny teeth kinda freak me out.

Totally reasonable.

Same here with the papaya. I tried it 3 times but still bleh :joy:

1 Like

Something good - my friend Emily’s premature baby is still in the NICU, but they moved to a transition room today! As soon as he can eat totally in his own they will be going home.

Something bad - my left knee is jacked up. Think I did something funky while on a trail carrying my two year old.

Something random - I reached my full height of 6’1" when I was twelve. Only my feet have grown since.

4 Likes

Yay for the baby!!! Sorry about your knee though. I hope it heals fast! I reached my full height of 5’9" in 5th grade, I find it funny we stop growing so much earlier than boys.

1 Like

Ooo fun exercise!
Okay the good: I went out to dinner with my wife and her friend for her friend’s birthday and we had a good time with no tears!

The needs improvement: I realized how passive aggressive I am towards my co-workers today.

The random?: I like the skin from the turkey on Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Fish? Huh.

Soulless water monsters flitting around in the dark, watching from all around with their corpse eyes. Yugh.

6’1" is quite a height to reach at 12! Were people annoying about it?
At my last job I worked with a girl who was close to six feet and I asked her to get things that were too high for me to reach so frequently that she started making me get things from lower shelves for her.

2 Likes

Good: made it to Friday on 1 tank of gas.
Bad: supervisor that’s trying to play both sides.
Random: been one 6 flights.

2 Likes

Good: Actively worked on my sobriety and recovery.

Bad: I’ve been tired and cranky which leads to lazy.

Random: I’ve missed most of the seminal movies from the 80s like Goonies, Airplane, or ET. I have however seen Out of Africa a million times. My parents had weird movie rules for us. Lol.

3 Likes