Something good, something bad, something random

Something good: my new wonderboom 360° speakers work great around my pool. It’s like having outdoor waterproof surround sound.

The bad: diagnosed with strep throat

Random: when I was like 4 or 5 i cut my hand open on a cracked miss piggy lunchbox and I still have a scar on my palm from it and a clear memory of it.

3 Likes

Something good: Finished the 2nd last assessment for the 1st part of my online course today. Also found a school hat for 1 of my kids at a clothing store for $5 as opposed to the $17 the school’s selling them for! Winning :blush:
Something bad: Up to the last assessment now and it looks crazy hard! Like I have no clue what any of it means or how to do it!!!
Random: 1 of my uncle’s was the prime minister of Norfolk Island when i was a kid.

4 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you! I wish more people would speak out when they see another person getting harassed.
I do actually carry pepper spay from Alabama (it’s 5x stronger than what’s available in Michigan and contains identifying red dye), always have a box cutter in my back pocket and keep 2 pocket knives in my purse-one of which flips open at the push of a button. I also wear steel-toed boots, so I probably could do some serious damage if I just started kicking.
The stun gun is a great idea! I will be ordering that as soon as I get home from work today.

Ugh, sorry about your strep throat. Hot salt water with turmeric might help a bit.

Something good: I woke up feeling rested and clear headed
Something bad: I slept too long and didn’t leave myself time to run or exercise
Something Random: I got to work as an extra in a movie here in town about 10 yrs ago (@MandiH - it was a John Travolta / James Gandolfini movie and I got to meet them both (JG was super cool and super nice to everyone!))

6 Likes

The good: i had a really good work out this morning

The bad: i recently had to leave my job due to a crappy employer and finding new work is proving difficult

Random: i once shattered the bones in my elbow on a ‘lucky’ horseshoe.

5 Likes

The good : it’s a beautiful day and I’m thankful to be alive .

The bad : I took two days to let my body recover but I was able to use that time to take care of myself spiritually.

The random : Im kind of bummed that the black granite sarcophagus they found in Egypt wasn’t Alexander the great hahaah

7 Likes

The good: I made it through a 9 hour shift of mindless, boring tasks without falling into a void of negative or rage-filled thoughts (a bad habit of mine when my brain goes unstimulated for too long), and the day actually went by fairly quickly.

The bad: I’m starting to suspect that some of my joint/heel pain is being worsened by my work boots. :disappointed_relieved: I love my boots and I don’t want to buy new ones!

The random: I can bend my index finger all the way back until it touches the back of my hand.

5 Likes

Whoa!!
Do you have a picture of this?

1 Like

I had a problem with my heel and I went to a store where they have a machine that shows the pressure distribution on your feet. They sold some inserts that balances out the pressure so you don’t constantly put stress on your heel. It may be something to look into.

Here you go!

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I will try to find something like that in my area.

The good: I made it through my conference yesterday and stayed sober (with major help from @Englishd)

The bad: I couldn’t seem to pull my head out of the awful space it was in. I need to examine why I felt so bad and address those issues.

The random: I was on the set of 12 Monkeys because they shot part of it at the school my dad ran. It was a lot more boring than I thought it would be. :joy:

7 Likes

That is sooo crazy.
Wow :muscle: :metal:

1 Like

The good: I had a couple of hours at the beginning of the day to do some much needed organizing before a massive pallet of vinyl records got dropped off for me to inspect for damage and then assemble into bundles. It’s gonna be a lot of work, but guarantees me a few hours of overtime! :green_heart::moneybag::green_heart:

The bad: I felt a genuine flare of rage upon seeing that Netflix changed the little profile icons on the home screen because I do not like change!!!

The random: I don’t know how to drive.

3 Likes

The good: Two weeks sober tonight! I’ve been getting my priorities together and it feels amazing. I went out to dinner at a tavern with the hubby and resisted the urge to order a drink. It was a nice dinner that didn’t include ordering 3 glasses of wine and packing up my entire dinner thar I didnt eat to keep a buzz.

The bad: I’ve been worrying about things that are out of my control. Stupid things at that.

The random: I am a small raised heart shaped birthmark on my right foot.

6 Likes

:+1: : I found a promising fit for a new apartment, went to the beach with my dog, and earned member status in this forum! WOOO!

:-1: : this summer is going way too fast.

:clown_face: : my birthday is in a couple weeks and I want to do something super cool but I have no interesting ideas.

4 Likes

Good: I discovered that I have like $100 more in my bank account than I’d thought! And it’s Friday and I have pizza!

Bad: The power has been out at my workplace since mid day yesterday. I was able to still work through my shifts, but it was super muggy and eerie without the vent fan, lights, electric hum, music and coworkers.

Random: I have three sisters, but I’ve never met two of them.

3 Likes

Something good: I didn’t drink today
Something bad : the day is not over yet
Something random: Netflix bingeing is time consuming

The good: got my LinkedIn account up and running… my networking skills are not the best but I’m giving it my best shot :woman_technologist:t3:

The bad: my phone has been overheating a bit and I’m not sure why…

The random: I have a broken pinky toe that won’t bend. I have no idea how or when I did it… sometime between age 11 and 16 I think.

2 Likes

The good: I walked 11.5 miles on Saturday and hiked 17.5 miles yesterday. Today my leg muscles are the good kind of sore that feels like accomplishment.

The bad: I was so tired all day and now it’s almost bedtime and I’m wide awake. :disappointed_relieved:

The random: Between kindergarten and 12th grade I changed school districts 7 times.

3 Likes