Squirt's daily check in

I love that meeting!! I’m there every week and I have the same user name there as I do here. I’ll try to share next time. I get too nervous and only been in the box to share twice.

That’s the first time I shared online and was nervous. At least I listened to others instead of focusing on what I was gonna say lol

1 Like

You did great and you didn’t seem nervous at all.

1 Like

Awww thanks. . .share when you can. It’s healing on a different level.

1 Like

Another member on this forum goes to that same meeting and always shares. Keep an eye out for her. Her name on here and there is the same, it’s claire-lo and her shares are awesome and relatable.

I never even thought about using the same name. . .my username just kinda popped up. Might try to see if I can change it.

1 Like

Do you often posts topic in TS?

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I got a notification that you replied and totally forgot about it :man_facepalming:
You seem to be much more motivated today. That’s good to read

I don’t start my own topics on here probably because I feel like I don’t have anything interesting to discuss. I chime in other people’s topics. I also spend a lot of time on the daily check in thread.

1 Like

107 days. Yesterday was a bit of a shit show but I made it through. . .sober. Today is my man’s birthday and I’m going to try and focus on him and this being a happy day. I know I will be fighting tears at certain points as I know my brain is steel reeling from the events of yesterday. But today I’m going to do my best to retreat and pause on my own. I’m extremely excited for him to open his gift. I got him a starters drone and it’s an interest he’s been expressing for a while. We live in a remote community and I’m looking forward to making some nature videos with the drone. The colors are so beautiful right now and I hope the drone can capture some of the beauty. Now to convince him that opening his present this morning is a better idea than waiting until after supper, cake etc.
I am very thankful for my sobriety today and I am amazingly proud of myself for yesterday.

4 Likes

Now that’s some bullshit. You post interesting stuff all the time

2 Likes

108 days. Found out today there are reasons I don’t even qualify for social assistance. It’s kinda of a kick in the ass but maybe a blessing in disguise. Is this where I need to hit my knees in front of a mirror and begin acceptance of me & my current employment and financial situation? Not sure where to go from here. . .up is the only way I guess.

1 Like

111 days. Still feel like I’m stuck in a fog. Everything keeps repeating in my head and I’m struggling moving forward in any way. I just ordered a book this morning. Sure hope it helps this non-stop shit in my head. Not sure if it’s really a good idea but plan to take off and get away from here for the day. I’m tired of feeling like I’m moping around and tired of looking at him and feeling fresh pain.

5 Likes

112 days. Frustrated with the online learning progress in our home. When I attempted structuring the day I get looked at like the mean one but everything got done. When I step back, multiple assignments are missed and activities are worked on that aren’t assigned. I’ve tried to explain this to both my man and his daughter but not sure if my assistance is appreciated. Guess we’ll see what things look like by the end of the week. If neither one of them indicate they want my help I’m ready to just back off.

2 Likes

113 days. Yesterday I could hear what I thought was a kitten crying all day. Last night my man & I went to explore and I found a kitten way up in a tree in the hollow trunk. It’s just a wee baby. Brought it into our camper last night and set up a spot for him. Today the girls are overjoyed. I have posted on Facebook about the found kitten but don’t really anticipate a response. Not too sure I want another pet around but he’s sooooo damn cute.

9 Likes

Also had to note that he got diced up chicken nuggets for supper last night. . .he’s been named Nugget.

7 Likes

What a cutie and a great name choice. The markings on his face are cool, looks like he has an eye mask on.

1 Like

So cute and tiny!!:heart_eyes_cat::kissing_cat:

1 Like

113 days & needing to get some shit out of my head. Thought I would put it here so I can reflect on it later. I often get the feeling like I’m an outsider in my own home. I have been both a step-child and step-parent previously so do already try to view from different perspectives. I often retreat to my bedroom to watch Netflix, read or nap and sometimes just unwind. The problem is it’s not my bedroom. It is the bedroom of what was a single father of two beautiful daughters. Prior to me entering into the relationship the girls often slept in their Dad’s bed & were then moved to their bed which at the time was on the floor in his bedroom. This is in a 5-bedroom house so the space is abundant. I initially took the other bedroom on the main floor, later moving my belongings to the basement and setting up a bedroom of sorts (not one of the 5). The girls then moved into the other main floor room. I “moved” into my man’s bed at this time. Often the oldest would want to sleep with her Dad and would somewhat lash out regarding me sleeping with him often saying I have my own bed why don’t I sleep in it. Saying I like sleeping with her Dad for comfort and feeling safe is something she shares. Often the younger lil one will watch a movie in “Dad’s bedroom” and although I don’t usually mind it, my “space” isn’t available if I want it. Occasionally the girls will crawl into their Dad’s bed on the weekend and be carried to bed when I or we go to bed. Sometimes I mind, mostly I don’t but again it becomes about my space. The problem lies when I am already in the bedroom or will be shortly and the question of being able to sleep in Dad’s bed arises. I have previously discussed my wish for this to not take place and my request led to some animosity from the oldest. When she asks him why now I wish the answer was because it’s my bedroom and my bed too. Tonight the oldest was to be getting into bed. I was already in bed reading. She came to open the door and when I inquired what she wanted she said she was just checking on me. I thought my man was outside so went to put them to bed. In the kitchen the oldest was asking if she could sleep in her Dad’s bed and he said to go ask me which led to them having yet another conversation of why I sleep with him. I voiced that I was right there and basically stormed off to the bedroom. I then talked to my man about it and said something I regret. I said maybe I should just move everything downstairs and have that be my room. His perceived humor pissed me off and here I sit stewing. I’m really not sure why this whole issue bugs me so much. I believe part of it is stemming from not having put “my stamp” or displaying my belongings anywhere other than the room downstairs and our bedroom is my only retreat. I have repeatedly asked him to acknowledge that it’s our room and he has been doing great about this. My neediness for a sense of belonging stems from issues I’m working on and I have shared with him the feeling of being an outsider and my desire to not have the girls go to bed in our bed. He asked me tonight why the girls sleeping in here bothers me. The fact I was already in here reading was my reason tonight. I said that when I feel like I’m in “the way” of his girls being in our bedroom I feel I’m the outsider. I told him that I felt like he heard my feelings before and then totally ignored them tonight. Now I’m sitting here questioning my own feelings but happy nobody but me is in our room and bed.

2 Likes

Hi Michelle,
I don’t know how long you have been with your new family but I guess that having been a step-daughter you know how long it may take to adjust. Also, habits can be hard to break and, as you acknowledge, your daughters get some comfort from being with their Dad as it provides continuity as well. It is not a rejection of you. Give them time and perhaps gently remind them that sharing a bed with your partner is what adults do? :pray::heart:

1 Like