Starting Over and Seeking Help **trigger warning

In December I stopped drinking. I spent 4 months sober before having a drink again. I had a few more 1-2 day binges. despite feeling sick, having lapses in my memory, not being able to eat or sleep and not even enjoying the taste, it was somehow getting harder to say no. There’s a lot for me to get out, but long story short, today I recommitted myself to sobriety. I am going to try harder this time and stay more active in my recovery. I’m journaling, posting on here and hiking like crazy. I think I need some friends that are actively in recovery as well so here I am.

Does any one have any podcast suggestions? Dealing specifically at recovery/sobriety?
Any other suggestions that may be unique that I can try to help me with my recovery.

10 Likes

I listen to “Recovery elevator” and because I’m Dutch I found myself a few in my own language myself. I don’t know if you have Spotify? You will found plenty of them there!

Walking is a big part of my recovery as well it keeps me grounded and in the “now”.

What has helped me a lot as well is to be here much to read and involve. When I had severe cravings I asked for help. There is always someone to talk to here!

3 Likes

Check this out: The Ultimate List of Recovery Podcasts 2022 - Join Tempest

Glad you’re here to get support.

3 Likes

I’m glad you are reaching out. There are plenty of ways members here have gotten and stay sober. Check out these threads. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad your here giving it another go. It’s hard work but worth it!

Try some in person AA meetings, get a sponsor, work the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. It really does work if you give it all you got. :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

Here are some of my favorite speakers.

2 Likes

I have been hiking a ton, which is basically the only time I feel totally at peace, the only time that I don’t feel like I’m battling to stay sober. But I cant keep that up all the time, I need other outlets. I’m hoping to find a sober community to help me this time go around, I’ve been trying to do this alone and That just doesn’t work for me apparently. Thank you for the insight!

2 Likes