Step Four here I go 😁

The time has come after over a month of coming to believe and building a connection to a power greater than myself that I can trust, and believe in I’m moving on to step four per my sponsor I’m very excited

23 Likes

I love your enthusiasm and get it done attitude!
So many people stop here! Your killin it! :muscle:

8 Likes

Yes congratulations. That is very impressive :clap:

3 Likes

God bless. This is a tough step. But it is a very benefical one in so many ways. I have done 6 over time as the layer of the onion got peeled lol. Just no that the nemis “addiction” may rear it’s ugly head and say you do not need to pass this way, so as to keep a hold on you. And as you thaw out doing this you may experience some pretty uncomfortable feelings because many of us medicated to keep some feelings hidden. PLEASE keep going the addict voice and uncomfortableness will be short lived. There truly is a light at the end of this step and freedom that is heaven sent.

4 Likes

I love this step! I cant say that enough. Im working on my 2nd 4th step now actually. The freedom that comes from the empowerment of self analysis is incredible!
It can get emotional yes, but… you can do this! Pen and paper are your friend and a way to long term healthy sobriety! :hugs:

7 Likes

Yes it is. You are correct. But you also have to give it it away to keep it. I am having a difficult time of finding the old school literature that I was taught with though.

I’m smiling at that-outstanding my friend!

2 Likes

@McAllister
I’m sorry you aren’t finding what you are looking for. Maybe use the search bar if you are looking in this app for carrying the message???
This topic is about the 4th step and I was encouraging our friend. Which is in a sense carrying the message, because I offered my freeing and empowering experience
I hope you find what you’re looking for.
Or another suggestion, if you aren’t finding a thread about carrying the message, create one. No doubt there are many of us that enjoy discussing ways that we do so.
Good luck my friend.
P.s. I understand you said literature, but I have no links to offer you for that at this time.

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding I am attempting to recover some it through Anonymous Press. But there are some that can’t be replaced. I recovered on the first second and third edition. And the big book study edition is still available. So is the first edition but the second and the third are going to hard to find.

1 Like

I’ve stalled at step 4. I have a big fear of doing the work. Ill dedicate some time this week to work thru this block

3 Likes

I know I was terrified at my first one. It wasnt until I was halfway through my 5th step when my sponsor was damn near falling asleep on me that I realized I was terrified of sharing my 4th step all along. There was nothing I was gonna reveal that was gonna shock my sponsor. I wasn’t an evil person. I just had to get my my character defects in line was all. It all becomes so much more clear after the 5th step.
You can do this! It’s so freeing! Try not to over complicate it is the best suggestion I have for anyone doing a 4th step. Oh and try not to drag your feet too long :wink:
May e ask your higher power for the willingness to do it? That helped me a lot the first time also.
Best of luck to anyone doing their 1st 4th step. Its really really not that bad and sharing it isn’t as bad as you think its gonna be. :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you man. I’m excited

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Lol yes the onion saying. Thank you yes today I’m understanding it’s just my disease trying to pull me back in when those times of I think I’m fine now comes around. I’m doin my best to stay the course. Thank you for you’re words :pray:

2 Likes

Yes , thank you :pray:

1 Like

Thank you Scottie appreciate that :pray:

2 Likes

Yes I’m really going to keep in mind that not procrastinating is key to this step. I really want to keep my peace of mind I’m gaining these days. After going through the step guide doesn’t look to fun lol but I know it’s necessary. So I will lean on my higher power and just do the damn thing. Good luck to you happy you’re doin it :pray:

3 Likes

Congratulations!! I just finished my 3rd last night and now it’s on to the 4th. I’m hoping to start it soon… good luck and keep doing what you are doing!!!

4 Likes

Really excited for you!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations :hugs:
I have started going to meetings, I was 10 months sober a few days ago.
8yrs sober before a big relapse and I’d never done the steps.
So if I’m honest step 4 i feel like I’m running from it. And seeing your picture and comment that you have spent time on steps 1-3 and feel ready inside is great :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I’m preparing myself for a sponsor, but it all gives me anxiety but I have a feeling in my gut telling me to do the steps.

So proud to see you doing so well, I’m having a few days of feeling a bit ugh but this made me smile, and it felt good to smile too :slightly_smiling_face:
So proud of you, you have really put so much effort in.
Nice following your story/experience.

4 Likes