Struggling-Want To Drink FML

I’m actually driving around right now due to being super frustrated. Stopped at 3 Liqour stores and never went in. I feel your pain! Loneliness is horrible and has fucked me up in the past! These are things that have been working for me for now, the gym, ride my bike, and go to church. Doesn’t mean it takes it away but helps me find the strength to keep fighting. But like I said for now. One day at a time I keep seeing

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re here talking, keep driving! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re feeling good today:)

1 Like

Thank you! Got the book in the mail just now, thank god for Amazon Prime, making some extra money right now doing food deliveries but as soon as I’m done working, I’m taking a bath and then going to get cozy with the book. Thank you so much for your support yesterday oh and also gonna go to a meeting.

6 Likes

Your so welcome,and so proud of you:). The book is going to seem repetitive, but trust me it works, everything she is saying and doing in the book is for a purpose, after you read this naked mind, you will be free😊

2 Likes

Nice hair :wink:

2 Likes

I am very confused by the 2 avatars!

4 Likes

Now that you said that, same​:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It does almost seem like that when you start reading it, but that is certainly not her intentions. That’s why she has you join her 30 day experiment at the end of the book. I certainly do still struggle a lil even after the book. But I’ve read it four times, and its tought me how to be good in social situations for sure

3 Likes

Oh man! I didn’t see yours before I did mine last night, I guess I should go back to my hairdresser. :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

There is a one word answer… Selflove.

Thats why all the stuff in the world isn’t enough.
Punn intended.

No using will clear you off the feelings. The only thing to fix it is personal growth.

Visit NA. Saved my ass like 100%

2 Likes

Great. Now I want to return it.

1 Like

That is not what it’s about

Have you ever read Codependent No More? I was a world champion people pleaser and that book, and the ones that followed it, changed my life. It also relates directly to how our brains work as addicts.

3 Likes

I’m gonna make a list of books. Thank you for the title!!! :heart:

Thank you Kevin!!! Okay, I will not return it and give it a read. If it has such scientific facts as the one you just mentioned then I would be a fan. Moderation is definitely not for me, no way no how, I am glad that I learned that through my mistakes. Finishing off my day 15 strong, thanks to you all wonderful sweet people. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

This is a great thread with a huge list of resources, including books, on recovery. Thanks to @SassyRocks for starting it!

Resources for our recovery

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I can’t wait to be a reader for the first time in my life! It’s going to feel so good. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh, you didnt have to change :wink:

1 Like

Hi! I just finished attending an online SMART meeting and it was pretty fantastic. Here is the schedule: https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/calendar.php

2 Likes