Struggling with Family

Today was my mom’s birthday, she turned 60. I draw a beautiful portrait of her and everything, but just as the party was winding down, she gets a call from my brother’s school to tell her that he’s in the hospital after an OD. I was 106 days clean, but this is too much. My aunts (gay aunts who are usually great) have each other and I have my service dog… until I didnt and he was in bed with them since mom had let them babysit him for 2 weeks. I trained him for 2 and a half years and in 2 weeks he doesnt even know I exist anymore. I’m alone and I might lose my brother tonight. It’s all too much

6 Likes

Sounds like alot for one night. Im glad you came here instead of an unhealthy alternative. Can i see the portrait you did?

2 Likes

That’s harsh and I’m sorry you have to deal with that. But that’s NO reason to use! Your brother OD’t do you wanna do the same?
Your addiction is trying you to convince you to use! Do not fall into this! Play the tape trough: how do you feel tomorrow?
Stick around here, talk, involve. Do anything exept using! You can show yourself and others you can do this. You already did for 106 days. You can do another! :facepunch: Do it for you, do it for your mother, do it for your brother, for your aunts and your furry friend.

4 Likes

I didnt use, my addiction is self harm, and I did relapse, but I pulled myself together and the relapse was less than in the past. I’m not proud of this stumble, but I’m not letting it tear me down again.

2 Likes

It wont let me since I’m new, but I’d share the art if i could. Art is one of the ways I cope and has helped me not self-injure many times

2 Likes

Keep sharing here and eventually you’ll get rights to add.

This thread might interest you

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood your post. Glad it wasn’t as bad as before, that’s progress! :facepunch:

1 Like

Aw hang in there

1 Like