Stupid relapse

Hi everyone , yesterday i relapsed with alcool and cocaine again , it was 8 Months , everything was going well , but lots of hard things in my Life now , we are going to divorce with my wife and i can only think of this , so
My brain found a excuse to do this absolute mess that I Did yesterday . Im hopeless now Because I was thinking I can handle everything but no , im weak .
Thanks in advance for Your support , this place is very important for me .

9 Likes

Welcome back :people_hugging:

Today is a new day. Keep busy or rest which ever will help you get through today and not restart using.
I’m having bad urges to drink and take cocaine the last month. The thing that makes me not want to is I’m worried il be too greedy and die.
I don’t want tomorrow to start without me.

Your going through alot of stuff, and using and drinking is not going to be the way forward, but you know that and I’m glad you reached out here.

6 Likes

Welcome back!
Reevaluate your sober toolbox. What can you add to prevent this from happening again? I suggest one of them could be to come here before you pick up or pick up the phone and call someone in your sober network.

Looking at your previous topic, 8 months seems to be a pattern.

6 Likes

@Vince1 My divorce was October of 2022, 16 years gone… and around our anniversary and her birthday or our kids birthdays is extra tough for me. I’m still learning to sit with my emotions and get to the root of my trigger. What is it about “that day” that makes me want to self soothe? What is the actual emotion I’m feeling. I have found this wheel to be helpful. Start in the center and move out. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

i was 2 years sober when i got divorced after 13 years married that was over 35 years ago still sober

2 Likes

Relapses are hard.
I had my share of them as well. A few times around the 3 months mark. So when I was near that milestone I fellt instable and anxious and then I relapsed.
What I did was make myself a plan. What did I need to stay sober, what to do when I had a craving, what to avoid, etc.
I wrote it down and add stuff when I discovered something new what helped me.
Make your own escape plan to get you trough the 8 months milestone!
Here is my sober plan: 2 years sober and what helped me to get there: I’m more then 5 years sober today and still using this plan when I need it.
New round, new chance!
Go get that sober life! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Thats the worst time to do it to when your going through a break up, the calmdown is million times worst, just keep strong, one time doesn’t destroy the last 8 months mate, dust yourself off try and push forward, keep your head up your head up the best you can.

2 Likes