Sugar boycott

It really is! Alcohol is sugar too and i red that many alcoholics have been sugar addicts first and most of them are hypoglycemic. It makes sense.

1 Like

Working on my sugar habit!

Starting eating vegan and stopped sugar. Today day 5.

3 Likes

Feeling any better today?

Unfortunately not, thanks for asking :blush: this is a stubborn winter virus. I noticed youre already among the livings :grin:
Well, ginger, garlic, lemon and this &that herb are in useā€¦ i just feel like a paralyzed lobster with million things to do. Zen attitude needed. Ooommmm

1 Like

Ouchā€¦sorry to hear. I had the chest cough thing for About 4 or 5 weeks, it sucked. Lots of oil of oregano supplements and also eucalyptus oil in the diffuser, plus rest and fluids. Hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Sending you some healing thoughts, I hope it passes soon! I was a bear yesterday but it was day 5 without really eating, but I was able to eat an apple yesterday and some green beans as well as a few bites of a chicken thigh. I was a lot less bitchy after I ate lol. Hope you find some zen love, it was a great lesson for me on letting things go that were beyond my control. Get well soon!

1 Like

I started logging again yesterday, if you want to add me Iā€™m mandimuscles on MFP :slight_smile:

Thank you @SassyRocks :blush: just have to think this too will pass.
I have taken oregano & clove oils so much my liver will soon explode :boom:

1 Like

Thank you once again @MandiH :pray:
Do you have any patience vibes :grin:
Glad to hear you are transforming back to a nice fluffy teddybear.

2 Likes

No one wants an exploding liver!!! Ouch!

1 Like

Ok guys. Now that Iā€™m logging my food, what is a ā€œnormalā€ carb range? I am being mindful of them but not cutting them out totally. Today with my salad and an orange, Iā€™m at 45 and that seems high.

You arenā€™t doing keto right? If you are trying to avoid added sugar and eating fruits and veggies, you can easily fit in 50 to 100 a day or more.

I donā€™t see the sugar in fruits and veggies as being an issue (for non keto folk), just keep added sugar low or at 0 (sweeteners, condiments, canned and packaged food). And if you are eating bread and pasta, well, then you are going to be up higher in carbs.

I am on keto, so I keep mine below 20ā€¦that is net carbs (carbs minus fiber). None of it being added sugarsā€¦all from real food.

1 Like

Thannnnkkkkkk you!!! Nope, not on keto, nothing processed and sticking with paleo for now so I think Iā€™ll be ok! Not doing breads, pasta or rice. Maybe occasional potatoes or wild rice but really love being pretty au natural so thatā€™s what Iā€™m back into! Lucky me the flu kick started my weight loss by 10 lbs so 15 to go to get back to my weight from this spring now that Iā€™ve got my sober sugar bug under control! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

In my opinion if you are eating real food you donā€™t need to obsess or worry about its sugar content. Just avoid all that processed added sugar. You are doing a great job, tho having the flu isnā€™t exactly fun.

1 Like

I think there is no ā€œnormalā€ range. Every body uses carbs differently. My normal may not be your normal.
Get well soon Mandi :kissing_heart:

Iā€™m in again :wink: My skin and intestines scream for a sugar break. I had way too much sweets, pastry and pure sugar the last months. Time to put more greens in my belly :+1:

2 Likes

Me too. I made it a month, then my son bought me gluten free whoopie pies for his birthday. Mine is in a week so Iā€™m not being super strict again until thatā€™s over with but Iā€™m not going crazy on it either. People often go way out of their way to surprise me with gluten free desserts around this time of year, I figure balance right now is ok until my birthday passes.

3 Likes

I was doing well, like @MandiH made it a month and then there were a series of excuses to eat cakes.

Iā€™m in again too :grin:

3 Likes

Bumping this thread up because this is my day 2 without sweets and I am currently going bonkers.

Here is an article: https://www.healthline.com/health/sugar-detox-symptoms

Time to go walk up and down 6 flights of stairs twice to try to distract myself. I am counting minutes at this pointā€¦

Tagging @MandiH and @Lionfish . Anyone else in and looking for mutual support?

4 Likes

GREAT minds girl! I was going to resurrect this thread tonight after my Gramma visit lol

3 Likes