Sugar boycott

Really? Oh man, i practically lives off that when I was a vegetarian. Trust me. Sooo good.

Day 8.5 of my sugar boycott. SO MUCH BETTER. Somewhere between day 6-7 I stopping feeling so rubbish - constant cravings gone, fewer headaches and sleep a bit better. The fact that the cravings are gone feels amazing. My gut feels heaps better. My goal is to get to 10 days and reassess plans going forward.

5 Likes

Make your own! Use dates as a natural sweetener! I also make energy bites. Peanut butter, coconut, dried cherries, dates, hemp seeds. Pulse in food processor and roll into little bites.

1 Like

I had to reset too today. I had an extremely bad mood, just too much stress, allergy and overall felt like a volcano that isnā€™t far away from exploding :confounded:
Had 2 chocolate bars and feel better now, didnā€™t binge them or had the whole package. And they tasted extremely sweet! I became used to the natural sweetness of fruit.

I want to make this so bad, but I need a better blender bc mine is too weak for that. And itā€™s a pain to clean this monster :face_with_raised_eyebrow::expressionless:

1 Like

I might give that a go. Thanks.

1 Like

I forgot figs too lol

Day 7
No chocolate and no sweets.
Bought a load more fruit today.
Wife thinks Iā€™ve gone nuts. @Fireweedā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So over the course of on off sugar boycott I am definitely on it at the moment , Iā€™ve dropped 5kg :+1: not having so many spot outbreaks as when I was eating chocolate . Buscuits are gone too , canā€™t believe how long they last for the kids now .

2 Likes

Ok, almost day 1 doneā€¦but my daughter has baked u huge chocolat brownie :flushed:
I feel a big challenge coming up!

2 Likes

How are you today @anon2074485? Letā€™s try this together! Today no sugar!

2 Likes

A lovely coworker had her last day of work todayā€¦and she made cakeā€¦:pensive: I had to at least try half a pieceā€¦hides

More power to all of you. My body has been making me power eat Snickers bars!!! I cleaned out the cafeteria shelf. The lady checking out is looking at me like I am crazy. Better Snickers than beer!!!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t passed the brownie test either :flushed:
But did it sober :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the most important!

2 Likes

Yesterday i ate cake & ice cream at my sponsors 2 year sobriety party. I just thought it would be unpolite to say no. My stomach is sooo upset now :dizzy_face:

Sometimes it feels like I want too much:

• No alcohol
  • Eating vegan
  • No sugar

But Iā€™m taking baby steps and itā€™s feeling good. Eating Vegan is feeling almost normal now and I do not feel like Iā€™m missing out anymore.
Like most of you know Iā€™m Dutch and we Dutch people love to eat cheese and other diary products. I banned the milk years ago, but couldnā€™ t miss ā€œmyā€ cheese. Havenā€™t had cheese in 3 months now!

5 Likes

Today in the airport there was rum cake and alcohol everywhere i looked. Then i saw frozen yoghurt and made a decision to have the smallest size (after 3 weeks no sweets). Trying to figure out if i can permit myself small indulgences periodically and assess impact on body and mindā€¦

3 Likes

Moderation you mean? :joy: Iā€™d say why not. Unless of course it leads back to being unmanageable, controlling.:joy:
Iā€™ve had a couple of small bars but have stayed off the big bars and the wine gums!

3 Likes

Yea, seriously. The struggle is real. I donā€™t even know what a reasonable approach looks like, so will keep trying to figure that out! I would love to get to a place of mindful eating where i eat when Iā€™m hungry rather than mindlessly stuffing myself with junk for emotional comfort. I found a glimpse of mindful eating at the retreat. And at airport which for me is a great excuse to stuff myself with all the junk (not just sweets) i just got myself a salad. Who is this person?!?

2 Likes