Sugar boycott

Ha ha :rofl: I guess you are right! I put the chocolat on the sugar sreen so I can see a huge different between the both of my TS start screens.
I just found a few recepies of making vegan cheese myself (even a blue cheese!)
I do intermitting fasting too. I used to do 5:2 fasting, but my migaine didnā€™t like that so now Iā€™m doing 16/8 every day. And the last healthy candy I found is freeze dried fruit. It will increase the bloodsugar level, but sometimes I need something sweet in my mouth! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Feeling the need to revive this thread. My diet latelyā€¦ :doughnut::ice_cream::cupcake::chocolate_bar::cookie: has me nauseous this am (your pm). Canā€™t bring myself to commit to a certain day or week to back off on the sweets. Anyone else struggling in this arena? Also caffeineā€¦ uuggghhh.

Yeah. Sugar is pretty low on my list at the moment, but itā€™s sure back on my list. Easter seriously ramped up my chocolate game.

1 Like

Stress with me lately :confused:

serenitynow

7 Likes

I am powering through coffee and coconut :coconut: cookies. I have no idea how to stop. I love both :tired_face:

4 Likes

Hey, if it keeps you soberā€¦ Iā€™ve replaced healthy meals with donuts :roll_eyes:

Ok, Iā€™m committing to Tuesday on the sweets and decreasing caffeine intake to coffee only. Will prep for the week on Monday :ok_hand:

1 Like

Must admit Iā€™ve slipped with the chocolate. It just tastes sooooo good!

3 Likes

My struggle here with sugar was about 6 weeks ago and now I feel good about it. I didnā€™t pick a day in advance, just started a day and thought ā€œIā€™m going to see if I can get through todayā€ and really struggled through it. Once I got through day 1, I decided to commit and set targets of 5 days and 10 days. It sucked through day 6 and then it changed.

4 Likes

Agreed a revival is needed! I was doing well last week, until a Ben & Jerryā€™s snaccident on Friday night :see_no_evil:

I am going to try going properly sugar free again. I felt great for it when I did it. For me that means fruit is allowed but will avoid sweet treats and white bread.

2 Likes

I started yesterday :slightly_smiling_face: had only 4 Hershey kisses :yum:ā€¦ and a bowl of cereal before bed :roll_eyes: Itā€™s a start.
Meal prepped for the week :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I used to in the evening find it very satisfying to blend frozen banana with almond milk and cinnamon. It was like a natural ice cream.

2 Likes

That sounds delicious!

For some weeks now I was able to moderate my sugar intake, I use an app that helps me to count calories. Coffee intake is now stable at 2 cups a day (it was 4-5 cups). I just stopped buying cookies and chocolate and replaced it with fruit. Yesterday and today I had donuts :yum::heart_eyes: but I wonā€™t eat them every day as I used to.
Baby steps.
Reducing meat is my next aim :muscle:

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread!

This weekend, I had a moment of clarity thanks to talking to someone dear to me and I decided to do this-for reals. I legit even asked my higher power for help with this, why I never thought of that before now was beyond me but I seriously am ready to do this now!

I started tracking my food intake again this week on my fitness pal. When I quit cold turkey I always get sick. Allllwwaaaaayyyyssssssss. So, this week transition week has begun! Coffee and sugar go hand in hand for me and they both need to not be my ā€œnormalā€.

This week, I have 2, 8oz. half caff coffees with 1 measured sugar teaspoon each per day and for a dessert if I want it at night I can have fruit or Iā€™m allowing myself a yogurt with 10g sugar. (Omg. Thank you @Yoda-Stevie, the Skyr Icelandic is my new favorite yogurt ever!!! They finally got it here) My goal is to currently keep my total sugars at 30-40 grams/day MAX. One fruit or one yogurt per day.

I will reevaluate next week and see where I am and how Iā€™m feeling. I started this Monday after a whim revelation Sunday night so I really dont have a plan yet. But, I can tell you, I already feel less swollen and way better just on day 2 of this! I am not overdoing it on carbs but I am not cutting them all out either. Iā€™m not a huge carb person anyway, but Iā€™m watching to make sure I donā€™t become one and shift from one bad thing to another.

Time to keep moving forward!

5 Likes

Good for you Mandi! It CAN be done! I had a wicked sweet tooth all my life which was over indulged the last 2 years as you know. Kicking the sugar feels pretty awesome for me. I miss being able to dig into a pint of ice cream, but I know my goals are worth more than the fleeting sugar feelz.

Work what works for you!

1 Like

YAASSSSSSSS!!! You can do this. These days I drink no coffee (just one bowl of matcha in the morning for caffeine), and my only sugar is whole fruit. I feel so much better physically and mentally. Two weeks ago I tried having some ice cream and it gave me a headache and a stomach ache - this was after a month or so with no sugar. So I keep that memory alive and continue taking a pretty hard line, and keep notes on how I feel with any deviation. :bird:

2 Likes

Fingers in ears ā€œIā€™m not listening to you two! Lalallalalalalaā€ @MandiH

3 Likes

Bahaha! This gave me a really good laugh. Hey, it took me over a year to really get to a place where I could do it, itā€™s really NOT good for me. I just looked, I have gained around 20lbs but honestly I dont even care about the weight. Itā€™s all about how I feel and itā€™s def gotta go!

1 Like

Lol, chocolate yeah you can take that. Iā€™m, ahem, will be ok with that.:thinking:
But coffee, to paraphrase a now famous line, youā€™ll have to pry from my cold dead fingers!!:joy::joy:
Though I am drinking a lot less than I was back 6 months ago!