Sugar boycott

It effects my blood pressure, that’s the only reason I care to get rid of coffee lol. Well, and the sugar I suppose! More of the occasional indulgence is fine, just not daily.

My wife can’t have too much real coffee. If she does and then climbs a mountain say, she gets palpatations. She’s got a heart that sometimes beats outta sinc.

My therapist gave me this tonight to read, looks awesome! I will have to let you all know if it really is after I read it.

I had no intentions of talking about food tonight at all there but when I mentioned my sugar shift this week in talking about goals, it took off from there. When you ask your higher power for help with something, it does tend to work out! :heart:

2 Likes

The one I’m reading I think you would really like! I absolutely love it so far. I’m only on chapter one but still lol

1 Like

Great to see people getting back on this. Engaging with diet and learning what works for you is a wonderful thing. The power of diet is truly mindblowing. I cant really eat standard carbs or sugar at all now. When i do i feel rotten immediately and now its been over a year i dont even want it. Funny how i used to scoff at food allergies etc, damn fussy eaters. Now im the worst😅 Good luck to you all, I look forward to following your progress @aircircle @anon30771928 @MandiH in this thread and learning from your experiences also👍

5 Likes

Bumping this thread up! My weaning down the last few weeks has been going pretty well for the most part! For things outside of my routine, I ate icecream one night (just a small amount), one small macaroon and some muffins this weekend. I know I am at the place where I will end up either going back to my old “normal” or needing to bump up my game so I’m shifting my game into overdrive and doing a Candida cleanse diet starting Wed to get all the sugar TOTALLY out of my system. Pretty stoked for this! When I got sober, I went on this. I felt GREAT once it flushed out. Then, my GI doctor told me it wasn’t necessary as the meds would help so I gave in to my sugar cravings for the next year. Sure beat alcohol I figured but now I’m in a great place to truly move forward. I have 25 lbs to lose from that decision, and I have a new elliptical that will work as soon as the cord comes tonight so I’m prepared and excited AF for my next chapter! :heart:

4 Likes

Update to the thread: I didn’t end up totally into the Candida cleanse yet, but I have been practicing mindful eating and making better decisions. I am still not eating sugar but I have drank it a few times on special occasions like my mom’s party and coffee with a girlfriend. I’ve lost 9lbs since 6/15 so what I’m doing so far is working!

6 Likes

Cue image of you sat in a corner swigging back sugar in a mug!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well done @MandiH !! Its great seeing the pounds fall away. Cutting sugar can have such an immediate impact its amazing :+1:

3 Likes

That is great!! I am the slowest loser ever, but I don’t have any sugar fluctuations anymore and that feels pretty great. I wish I could say my sweet tooth was gone, but I only indulge it with erythritol which doesn’t spike insulin and not often. My current issue is overeating heavy whipping cream with peppermint extract and raspberries…man, that is yummy!

3 Likes

Hehe, that’s pretty much what soda is anyway right? :wink:

1 Like

That sounds good! I bought raspberries and blueberries yesterday but I really don’t have much of a sweet tooth anymore. Just one specific week a month really. I just get tired of drinking water. Should probably get some coconut water for those occasions!

Be sure to check your coconut water for added sugar. The HWC and berries is yummy. I just want to eat a cup of it! Lol

1 Like

Haha, the last one I got had aloe in it…wasn’t expecting the bathroom visits after drinking it lmao! Now I know and the other carton is still in my cupboard lol.

I will keep that in mind when needed!!

1 Like

That sounds good, i’ll have to try it. I eat loads of sugar free raspberry jelly and double cream like everyday’s a kids birthday party :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have been drinking water with a bit of mint in it today. Surprised at the difference it makes!

1 Like

I grow different mints, my favorite is chocolate mint. Mmmmm. So good in water!

2 Likes

Delicious! I’ve only tried a nibble of chocolate mint once, when I was on holiday last year. I must remember to get some :blush:

1 Like

Mine grows like crazy, my orange mint didn’t take as well for some reason. Too bad you aren’t close by!

1 Like