Sugar boycott

I have to say, I am pretty impressed with myself! I did not eat a single piece of candy on Halloween. I did eat a half of a pumpkin whoopie pie but no candy and I didnt eat the whole thing. That’s progress. I havent had any ice cream in over a week too, I think I’m finally almost there!

7 Likes

Your doing awesome girl. Takes time. After not having added sugars for a couple of weeks I tried to sneak a cookie. BAD idea. I ended up with a 3 dau headache in the back of my head. Felt like a horrible hangover. That is what keeps me off added sugar. Lol

2 Likes

That’s great! My sister text this morning asking if I stayed out if the candy, proud to report that I did.

She hasn’t replied back. So I think this is a one way street. :joy:

4 Likes

I maintain that I was carbing up for my run today… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I have also added sugar as an extra counter on the app. 3 days sugar free!

5 Likes

Of COURSE you can join in!! Would love to have you help motivate me lol

3 Likes

Is that like twizzlers?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of them! But now I kinda want to try them…did great today except for my coffee! Great for studying lol

2 Likes

Would love to join you all. I’m doing great in sobriety but it has definitely kickstarted my sweet tooth. Especially around Halloween! I put artificial sweetener in my coffee but want to quit eating candy, cake, ice cream, etc. And nighttime snacking is usually something sweet. So I’M IN! Would also love to know where to find some good (free) info about the keto diet. Seems like every link leads to some site or book that will cost you!

5 Likes

This is actually a really good time to let things go that dont serve you so perfect timing on this! :heart:

So what do you do for dessert without sugar?

Well, tonight I am making a strawberry sauce (using stevia instead of sugar). Combined with sliced strawberries, then freeze it. Once its frozen, drizzle some half and half over it.

A delicious frozen treat that has no added sugar!

2 Likes

So I am posting this here as a few keto people are on this thread :wave: But @MandiH if you feel it’s a hijack I will find a keto thread to post on :grin:

I have found a couple of recipes for pumpkin which I am hoping to make this weekend but am not down for white flour. Was thinking about these swaps and would welcome comments…

Spelt flour for plain flour in:

Almond flour/ ground almonds instead of breadcrumbs in:

1 Like

I agree 100% with you @Forged, getting my carbs in early sobriety was a huge help, specifically chocolate and sweets carbs. Your body needs to replace your alcohol carbs for awhile to get sober, at least mine really craved the sugar. After a year and a half it was tired of all that crap and certainly it has felt almost like a relief or epiphany taking sugar out of my diet now that I am at 600 days sober…like a switch flipped or something.

I recommend getting solid in your sobriety before working on changing your way of eating, but that is just my MO. I like building confidence in one area first before tackling another YMMV.

8 Likes

Welcome on the no-sugar-train :heart::hugs:

I must admit that from time to time I have something sweet :yum::see_no_evil: But it’s waaaay less than it used to be. I had sweets every day and now I buy something sweet like chocolate bars 1x in 2 weeks maybe.

1 Like

I’m not really keto, just working on refined carbs at the moment.

I don’t eat meat so aim for a wide variety of fruit and veg, carbs inevitable. Or just not something particularly worried about at the moment anyway!

I just proved to myself that I’m weak (or at very least, absentminded)! Someone brought in a boatload of donuts and, without blinking an eye, I gobbled one down. Then I jumped on the TS app and realized, Oh fuuuuuuuudge (Christmas Story reference)… I’m supposed to be saying no to sugar. All I can do is reset the clock and try harder.

3 Likes

My appetite started dropping off around 85 days sober, and automatically dropped from a packet of cookies a night to half and for the last two days I haven’t had any :grin: so pleased with myself

6 Likes

Was out at a do this evening with a buffet. Didn’t pick up a piece of bread, forgot about rice (assume it was white rice) but never mind because there was a whole selection of home made cakes which I didn’t touch. Progress!

3 Likes

Anyone else get headaches and irritable after cutting sugar?

2 Likes