Sugar boycott

Every. Single. Time. I also feel like I have the flu, I get body and muscle aches as well.

1 Like

Tiredness again for sure but dropping alot of sugar in one go I suppose will do that. I had to buy an energy drink today which I havenā€™t done for weeks. Glad itā€™s not me then, had to go meditate earlier as I was irritable over petty things, like my son jumping in my sofa space :joy:

1 Like

Totally not just you, Iā€™m super sensitive when I change ANYTHING! But sugar withdrawals are real, for sure!

1 Like

And good for you for meditating and acknowledging it! Thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like

My main thing is is Iā€™m just so HUNGRY.

Feel like it must be sugar related cos apart from that Iā€™m eating the same as usual :thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting into a habit of reflecting lately and getting extra tools in my sober toolbox has definitely helped me

2 Likes

Iā€™ve upped my excersize this week too, in the hope to get healthier, donā€™t think my body is used to it after so long off :astonished:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, Michelle - so, so much yes!

1 Like

I had both. After cutting out added sugar I get headache and aches when I eat it. Helps me to stay away from it though. :blush:

1 Like

I went to the doctors today and they will be doing blood tests again next week including my sugar and salts, along with the usual kidney and liver function

1 Like

2 months ago I had intended to give up sugar again but never did. Day 2 now! I gained 25 lbs after quitting drinking by following those sugar cravings, time to conquer that beast!

5 Likes

I want to try it, but how do you do no sugar? What have you done to avoid it?

Honestly, Iā€™ve been really paying attention to how everything feels in my body the last few weeks and sugar feels HORRID in there so Iā€™ve been weaning down a lot naturally. It really got jumpstarted though because my body has had it with the way Iā€™ve been eating, lots of stuff I eat lately doesnā€™t sit well at all so Iā€™ve been on a liquid diet since yesterday trying to detox everything. This plan isnā€™t for everyone but itā€™s really wreaked havoc on my body and it just has to get OUT of there! After today, I plan to eat paleo but only organic fruits, veggies and maybe nuts at first to keep the detoxing going.

At least 10 years ago my ex pointed out how sugar was my personal nemesis, I refused to believe him at first because it came from him but he was totally right. Once I quit drinking, the sugar cravings were terrible and Iā€™ve eaten it daily. I eat well otherwise, maybe eat out 1-2x a week for lunch or I eat leftovers, eggs & coffee for breakfast daily, and non-processed dinners-usually a meat, vegetable and rice or potatoes. The ice cream, peanut butter cups, frosties, sugar in my coffee, etc is where my problem really stemmed from lol. Bad bad stuff! But I do need more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet also. Frozen all the time doesnā€™t really cut it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been slipping lately. Time to get back on track! Today, right now!

2 Likes

My routine is this:

First I watched a lot of YouTube videos of peoples 30 day no sugar challenge and diets.

High protein Slimfast shake with plain almond milk for bfast & lunch.

Oikos Tripple Zero yogurt for snack twice a day (Orange or Banana).

Fruits for snack (apples, pears, bananas, oranges).

Herbal tea on occasion

Iced tea to drink with meals.

Home made meal for dinner. I bought a couple of cookbooks and pick something out of it for dinner.

When shopping for ingredients, Iā€™ll choose fresh over frozen when it comes to produce. Iā€™ll read the labels on everything. Usually name brand stuff has added sugars in things like canned tomato products, so Iā€™ll find one that doesnā€™t.

Look for anything that ends in ā€œoseā€, fructose, glucose, dextrose etc. Those are all sugars, avoid that.

Avoid any processed or premade foods. Fast food, or any sit down restaurant (though Iā€™ll go out once a month). Soft drinks, Starbucks, and dont add any sugars or sweeteners to your coffee or tea. If I have to use a sweetener, I use stevia because itā€™s natural.

I am the only one in my family who does the whole no sugar thing, and itā€™s rubbed off on the wife ansd kids. My youngest (8) has been spoiled by my wife (heā€™s her baby) and as a result he had gained a lot of extra weight. In the past month, he has lost 3 pounds from this diet change alone. It has been a confidence booster for him and that makes me happy.

So in conclusion, this is what has worked for me and Iā€™ve been pretty successful at it. I know I cannot do slimfast forever (or can I?) So when that comes to an end, Iā€™ll find something to take its place.

2 Likes

Me too! Reading replies nowā€¦ Thanks for your advice Dan and Mandi!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s another awesome thread that was just started too-whatā€™s your diet or nutrition regime

2 Likes

I saw that and it really made me think about what my ā€œdietā€ would be considered.

Also, I eat eggs and coffee every morning too, itā€™s just easy :heart:ļø

I notice a lot when I eat extra sugar daily, my face just looks more tired and the lines are more defined and itā€™s very uneven with red. I have freckles which Iā€™m good with lol but they will look more dark and depressing too lol

Sugar sweets bloat me BAD. And pretty much instantly. It swells my stomach, my face is puffy, really all of my body is. Fresh fruits donā€™t do that so I think Iā€™m safe with them but Iā€™ll be paying attention. Thatā€™s really what my long term plan is, eat what feels good and donā€™t eat what doesnā€™t but it will be a process so I have to be careful of what I add back in and keep it regulated while each item processes. Too much of anything is bad so anything I eat daily is getting knocked out first. Sugar, coffee, rice are daily offenders right now, or were lol.

3 Likes

I used to drink coffee like it was going out of style at work. When I quit working, I donated my coffee maker and grinder and all I had was a french press. So needless to say, my coffee intake went down and my Monster intake went up. I hate the idea of requiring a substance to function, so I gave up caffeine. I started tapering the Monster from 3 a day to 2 to 1. Then coffee, from 3 to 2 to 1 to 1 every other day, then eventually none.

Itā€™s hard to say what the main contributor is, but I feel great all the time now. Iā€™m not tired when I wake up anymore. I donā€™t need to sleep as long anymore. I have a lot of natural energy now.

I did cheat though, I had a cup of coffee the other morning when I was on a 6AM flight and it was awesome! Then at dinner I had a mocha and it was divine!

3 Likes