Sugar boycott

Think I’m going to have to boycott the sugar boycott over Christmas, have to join in the over indulgence :joy: I’ll be back on it in the new year

4 Likes

I am going to do a limited boycott of the boycott! I make mince pies and I’m not giving them to everyone else and not having any for myself :joy:

I also have a recipe for cinnamon buns that I would like to try and I feel like Christmas is a good time to give them a go.

Other than that though I am going to try and stick with it, all chocolate presents will be regifted/donated with immediate effect to remove temptation!

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: The chocolate is going nowhere but in my belly :+1:

1 Like

I have most of my chocolat in the freezer, otherwise I eat it all at once! :flushed:

1 Like

I’m with you on that. We are doing a cookie exchange today, how can i not try some?

2 Likes

Too tempting with all the good food over the Christmas holidays to not try it all

1 Like

Haha fair enough. I seem to have managed to recondition my brain with most sweet stuff so it isn’t that appealing any more.

I’ve eaten so much chocolate over the last few days, my skin is breaking out in spots :astonished: just a few more days of indulgence please, I don’t know if I can endure all this sugar for much longer, I’m just being so pigish :joy:

I got 4 boxes of cake mix for Christmas from my boy…so I made two of them yesterday hoping to have a lot of help eating them lol. I had some and I feel it today. Also I had an entire dinner last weekend where apparently everyone felt they had to bring gluten free desserts for me and even the ones I didn’t eat got sent home with me. It was super sweet and thoughtful so it made it very hard to say no thanks, I know you went totally out of your way for me and spent a shitload of time/money to make sure I wasn’t left out but I’m not eating it. So, I didn’t…I ate some of that too. No biggie though, just getting right back to it!

1 Like

I was doing pretty well. I have had 7 mince pies since Saturday (I tried one and it was too sweet, so made up some more without sugar in the pastry)… But I have just eaten a pack of Lindt Lindor :joy: Although it was too much and I have made myself feel a bit sick so I’m going back to sugar free as of tomorrow!

1 Like

I’ve had, 5 mince pies, 500g of assorted chocolate, half a box of orange chocolate matchsticks and 4 chocolate bars in three days, my body feels so sluggish :face_vomiting: I haven’t had any Christmas pudding or cake yet, I still have a box of mince pies left too, I really need to get back to healthy eating by body can’t take the luxury food no more

Sugar is something I’m trying to definitely be more conscious of. BUT IT IS IN LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!! Howwwwww do you do it?

I have made lots of incremental changes to what and how I eat over the last couple of years that has made it easier. First thing is cook everything from scratch. While I really enjoy my food, I think of food as nourishment rather than something that gives me pleasure. Also, although I have cut things out I try and focus on what I do eat - lots of fruit and veg, pulses, nuts.

3 Likes

Today I’m making my last 2 boxes of cake mix of the 4 I got at Christmas. Thank God I live with sugar fiends who ate most of the first two lol

2 Likes

I’m still pigging out on chocolate and buscuits I’m not getting back to the boycott till January :grin: can’t waste good food

2 Likes

I started Keto this past October, lost 12 lbs pretty easily. Christmas was bad…too many cookies and sweets. I felt worse with every cookie, but sugar is a tough one for me…I love the sweet stuff!
The last week has been a struggle, but I’m trying everyday to get back to it! I’m glad thst I like dark chocolate, it has less sugar!

1 Like

I could jump on board with this one for sure! I use to be 220 lean muscle realllly good shape. I’m 295 today and very overweight… i commit to cutting ALL chocolate, deserts, and sugar in coffee to start! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How many people are back on the sugar boycott? New year is over and done with and I’m back training tonight so will be back to the healthy eating regime

1 Like

Today is my day 1 again, I’m back on board! The holidays are over and the cake I got for Christmas is finally all gone lol. Yay!!

2 Likes

:joy: Same, all cake, cookies and sweets are gone :tada:

1 Like