Sugar boycott

I had to reset my counter again yesterday… I discovered a bar of Green & Blacks and couldn’t resist :see_no_evil:

But definitely back on it as of today!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: Naughty girl and you didn’t share, how could you :wink:

1 Like

Im definitely in!

Restarted my counter to after my last sugary indulgence yesterday and changed my photo to an older one of me to help remind me why I am doing this. It feels funny to see myself so I’m not sure if I’ll keep it however lol.

4 Likes

This is such a beautiful picture, you should keep it as a good reminder

Also ughhh I’ve been so bad. We got 4!! slices of cheesecake yesterday, I need a sugar detox. I’ll try for a couple days and check back in. It’s birthday month for my family so I’m at least having one day of indulgence.

3 Likes

Tried a new creamer for my coffee. It is called Nutpods and is pretty good! Zero sugar and carbs!

2 Likes

How long have you gone without coffee now? I go back and fourth on it but I really do function better without it and I don’t drink it unless it has sugar. Today I unexpectedly started my day with tea instead of coffee for some reason when I got to work and after I read on here, it resulted in me resetting my sugar counter! It’s just time!! A few days from now I’m going to be a cranky beeyotch w a headache but after that it’s pure magic…Bring it on, I’m ready!

1 Like

I agree, they both seem to actually zap my energy instead of help it. Though sometimes coffee raises my blood pressure and other times it gives me bad anxiety. When I drank it once a week or at camp it was fine, but I am def not meant to be a daily drinker! Tea for me please!

3 Likes

I’m in for this challenge! From Halloween to New Year’s I was a sugar-eating man on a mission. I’ve been good (but not great) so far this year. Last 2 days I’ve been sugar free… plan is to continue that through January.

2 Likes

Yay! Same here, I sure would like some tonight but I feel SO much better already!

Going to join you guys… have been eating junk off and on for the last week. Today I ate healthy and low carb… no sweets or processed foods… so day 1 :white_check_mark: Anyone counting carbs? Was just curious… going to keep mine in between 50-100.

1 Like

Hitting some goals, woot woot! I’m AMAZED how much better I feel without sugar in my body, this was a great change!

3 Likes

It is kind of amazing how much better you feel and function once sugar is gone. Way to go!

1 Like

It really is, I’m most shocked in how different and less swollen my legs feel! It really is not good for me.

1 Like

I am glad you are doing well with it. I was thinking last night (as the husband was eating some chocolate)…oh, maybe a small square of the dark dark chocolate…but I reminded myself of the slippery slope. I find the less sugar I take in …added and natural…the less I want. And I am feeling so great, I do not want to jeopardize that.

So happy you are finding your footing!

1 Like

Last night I had this ooh, I have frosting on my counter still moment (monthly craving kicking in) and I said wait nope! Not for me! I knew how awful and bloated I would feel pretty immediately. I’m not replacing it with the approved paleo sugars or even fruit often for that matter, just plugging along and doing my thing! Eventually my end goal is no processed foods at all but with feeding a herd, that’s not currently economically feasible time wise so I still have condiments and sauces I buy but otherwise I eat pretty clean anyway. Pretty exciting to see things going in such an awesome direction once we start really letting go of the things that hold us back! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you @MandiH this really inspires me. I have suffered rollercoaster moods & low energy still after being sober 3 mths. 2 days without sugar -> weird brain sensations etc

1 Like

Does honey count as sugar? I make a concoction I call cat shit, because of the way it looks lol, with natural peanut butter, honey and whole oats mixed up.

2 Likes

It can, it varies though from person to person-just be aware of you feel after you eat it. Paleo allows natural honey and real maple syrup, so they arent out in my book. However, it used to be that after I ate them I still used to feel bloated and zapped-not nearly as bad as white sugar but I still felt it so I haven’t bothered this time yet. It really depends on your body and gut health, if you’re fighting candida for example you want to stay away from all sugars, carbs, yeasts, even certain vegetables etc as it feeds it so it even goes beyond sugar but sugar it’s a pretty big offender in that situation, even if it’s fruit. Once it’s under control again though you can do it in moderation and be ok as long as your gut stays balanced and healthy. It really comes down to your gut health and true moderation. That’s my discoveries so far at least, but I welcome anyone that has more knowledge to shed more light! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely a different scenario when feeding more than just yourself…like I am…husband feeds himself. I don’t do any fruit (what I miss most, but will add in some after I reach my goals)…do only ethyritol, and very very little when I make ‘sweet’ fat bombs or a pinch added to whipped cream if I am indulging.

Like getting sober, it is a learning experience. I am just happy the cravings are limited.