Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

Great work!

I’m getting in the pool tomorrow. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hello swimmers, how’s it going poolside?

It’s so cold that getting in the pool is a mental challenge these days but I’m doing it about three times a week. How are you all getting on with your sessions?

My other half brought me a present today and it’s the SHOKZ OpenSwim Pro. It’s a head set that plays music or podcasts using your facial bones. I need to get it set up but it’s ok up to 2 metres deep even in open sea water. I’m going to set a motivational relaxing music playlist up.

I can’t believe technology, I’m so excited.

2 Likes

I have Shokz, unfortunately not the one I could swim with. But for running they are perfect! Game changer for me. I can’t run in classic earbuds cause they are falling out from my ear; in big earphones my ear are sweating and I have a feeling my brain is boiling :sweat_smile: So this technology is just perfect for me. But it’s not runners thread, swimming time :slight_smile: Well, I promised myself I will go to the pool and sauna at least 4 times every month and till now I was zero times. But January is not over yet :wink:

1 Like

Oh, awesome to hear you like the Shokz open run. I’m excited to use them. Good luck in getting in the pool, it’s a really good mental health pill. I saw you are running some crazy lengths these days Mischa so impressive. I’m on week five of five kms training at the moment. Usually do half hour run followed by a mile swim.

1 Like

Shokz sound interesting, I’m just getting back into swimming, do they seal the ear in the water, I have a dodgy ear that I need properly sealed when I swim otherwise it takes on alot if water and causes pain / infections etc

Edit - just had a proper look at them they don’t go into the ear canal, I’ll have to try see with the plug in 1 ear if I can still hear properly

1 Like

Hi Shawn, I gather the music goes through the cheek bone area not into the ear, but they give you waterproof ear plugs alongside this.

The blue plugs shown here

Awesome thank you they on my list, swimming on my own so it can get a bit monotonous, would be good to listen to something as I build my lap count up again

1 Like

First swim, did 10min light rowing as a warm up and then 800m in the pool, happy with that it’s 2 years since I last swam and I smoke a ridiculous amount, the sunrise was awesome will be back tomorrow morning if my arms don’t fall off

5 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli did you try out your Shokz, any downsides?

1 Like

I’ve set it up yesterday with some tunes… That’s the first downside but one maybe more a me problem than a real one…I didn’t really have any transferable MP3s… I listen to radios and vinyl…

Anyway I found some stuff I had brought years ago so I’ve slapped that on… Will be interesting.

Going to use them in the pool today but yesterday I tried them out and they are banging. It’s crazy how you hear it clearly, but it’s completely silent to others. And you can stick your fingers in your ear and still hear it!

1 Like

Very keen to hear what you think of them in the pool, I just stream everything now will have to dig out some hard drives with CD / Mp3’s on them to load

1 Like

Bit of a better but very slow swim today

2 Likes

Exactly! It has no Bluetooth, that would solve a lot, but probably also make it less robust. I’m trying it today, it’s run and swim day. Will report back!

I was at a less crowded pool today with just a 25 meter lane and I made 88 yeah :crazy_face:

At the end I practiced smooth flip turn…
I was so good in it in my youth swimming years.
Couldn’t accept that it didn’t work anymore.
I always turned to early as I was afraid of my feet!

Today I had time and free space!

After 21 turns… I got it :smiley:
After 45… It’s smooth.
Other kind of training today, still feeling flip turned :rofl::woman_cartwheeling:

4 Likes

I used to be able to do this also and I’ve been wanting to try it! Thanks for the video!

1 Like

:smiley: It’s a lot of fun…
Can’t wait to practice again.
40 yo me turning like 14 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I might have to try it when the lanes are empty first :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

There it is… :heart_eyes:

I know what you mean.
To me, practicing with only 2 other peops in a olympic pool in the beginning was best. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That pool looks so tempting… Might give it a try tomorrow. We have lifeguards…

1 Like

Lol. I am one :muscle:t2:
I love astetique videos…

… hope you find a silent area to practice.
I tried several times before and needed at least 25 times to find the right distance last week.
Now it’s rolling…
If I am NOT thinking :woman_cartwheeling::crazy_face:

1 Like