Swimmers thread šŸŠšŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Nice timingā€¦ We could swim in synchrony. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi :wave:
When I first started swimming I was very unfit.
I had to swim to one end and I was out of breathe. I just stayed and kept treading water to keep myself moving. Eventually after a few months I was flowing back and forth with ease.
I havenā€™t been for a long time I think maybe almost a year! I have my stuff ready at the door just havenā€™t made it back. Iā€™m hoping I havenā€™t lost my touch in the water again. I will start slow and pace myself to rebuild my stamina.

2 Likes

I would love to share a flip turn video with youā€¦
Itā€™s just ā€œsemiā€ - okay, to post it here, cause of the swimwear. I just watched it and will go practicing now. If you are interested I can also pm you, but your profile is hidden.

1 Like

Ahwww so good to c you, love :rose:

1 Like

Im not too unfit, but I have doubts my fitness will translate to the pool.:laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Itā€™s good to see you too :grinning:

Hopefully I will post here with a screenshot of my swim Iā€™m planning next week :grin:
It will be interesting to see what my stats will be after not swimming for so long :open_mouth:

1 Like

Send me a message! :pray:

1 Like

I need to learn how to flip turn again, we did it as kids but havenā€™t tried in years, will give it a go next time just wondering if it will tire me out quicker, seems like alot of energy

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦ I was so good at it as a teenager and now I am trying again since 3 weeks. Already in the flow, excited everytime the wall comes nearer, itā€™s just such a lot of fun!!!
Only the first 25 practices where exhausting, but I stayed at one wall for it :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Looking forward to your restart!
It doesnā€™t matter where we are, the step into activity is what matters. :hibiscus:

3 Likes

Iā€™m in, will give it go on my next swim

1 Like

Had my 2000 meters each day for 5 days now,
each one veryyy nice. Pools were less crowded. 6 weeks from new year people are breaking their new year resolutions :muscle:t2::rofl:
Noteā€¦ I am more myself.
Noteā€¦ I canā€™t live anywhere with bad pool availability.
Noteā€¦ I canā€™t do another sport with the same effect

Happy swimming šŸ©µ

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely awaiting the new yearā€™s people to drop off. They are being clingy to their resolutions here! Hard to even get a treadmillā€¦ Then they walk on it slowly watching their phones. Itā€™s honestly frustrating that people canā€™t even exercise without watching a show or YT or tiktok. How can you mind ever switch off if you are constantly bombarding it?

2 Likes

2km x 5 days in a row is impressive, geez well done, Iā€™m still aiming for a flip turn without spraining my neck this week, I also love swimming itā€™s so calming once you zone in on the laps

2 Likes

There is a gym by the pool I use and itā€™s very quiet as Iā€™m there at sunrise but havenā€™t used it just the pool

1 Like

Still very busy at our gym apparently (I havenā€™t been able to go but husband is). I do wonder about the slow treadmill walkers, that is all they seem to do. Feels like it would be nicer to go for a walk. I have no media when exercising, love letting my brain wander, we donā€™t get that enough now.

2 Likes

I know and itā€™s really slow walking. If this was legit their speed I would applaud them but itā€™s teenagers or young adults in new gym wear. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yes! Being put to shame by the older man with clear health issues in a sweaty, tatty tshirt running alongside them :rofl: Just to add, full credit to the man!

2 Likes

I got somethingā€¦
for my arm training :muscle:t2:

And pssssst, by the way I can make extra big splashes with my paddles to get rid of the ā€œdry hair ducksā€
ā€¦

Oups I am just doing a special technique drill
:innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@Juli1 @Tragicfarinelli @Twizzlers
First ever lap swimming for exercise today. Was good, so much to work on which I love. Didnā€™t die and managed a few full lengths of freestyle in amongst it all :laughing:
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Aim is to go once a week.

6 Likes