Swimmers thread šŸŠšŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Thatā€™s good :muscle:
The feeling when in the pool is amazing. The world just stops and Iā€™m there in the moment. Mind on nothing but the adventure of swimming ahead of me.

4 Likes

Maybe once i get a bit better I can zone out. But I was concentrating pretty hard in the beginning. Few more times hopefully Iā€™ll find a flow

4 Likes

Well done thats a good distance for a first training session and pace is bang on

3 Likes

Congratulations šŸ©µ you made it and thatā€™s what counts. You will slowly get better. Set tiny goalsā€¦ Enjoy the feeling of the water as @Twizzlers described :blush:

3 Likes

That is ridiculously good! Well done.

3 Likes

Im not sure about good or not. I feel I won just by giving it a go. I was struggling to get my breathing right for freestyle, think i was going to fast with my arms, went better when I focused on going slower and relaxing more. Quite a few of those laps were backstroke. Happy Iā€™ve got a new activity to try and improve on

2 Likes

Well just enjoy it! You seem a natural!

1 Like

Good attitude :smiley:
I love Videos from myswimpro and Fares ksabati or myswimgym on YouTube for just astetique motivation or technique tips.
In my experience itā€™s important to correct technique and learn skills one by one and then practice several sessions. (like focus on breathing, focus on arm entry, pull, kickā€¦ But not all in one session). It needs patience.

2 Likes

Meet you down there :heart: šŸ©· :heart:

1 Like

Coping mechanism of the day! Lolā€¦

2 Likes

Those are funny looking flippersā€¦

1 Like

Just some comfy sneakersā€¦
I needed something satisfying and was randomly parking at a shoe store :sweat_smile:
As this is my thread I feel free to share about anything. As you are all welcome too šŸ©µ

I have a serious body feeling and image issue todayā€¦ But I will give a fuck and not hide and showing up in my swimsuit tonight at training.
I am what I am. Strong swimmer at least. :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

They do look very comfy, enjoy the swim tonight Iā€™ll be back in the pool tomorrow morning

2 Likes

Neuroplasticity

Struggling with my body image last days, I remembered the research about neuroplasticity. And so I started patient practiceā€¦

:purple_heart: šŸ©· :purple_heart:

Itā€™s amazing what happens if we start reprogramming our brain. Did a longer meditation yesterday and today in the late afternoon (in addition to my morning meditation routineā€¦ And another kind of). Feeling much better.

Today I kicked 3000 meters in 70 minutesā€¦
Including 300 butterfly, 2 x 25 and 2 x 50ā€¦
BƤm! Getting better in itā€¦ :dolphin:

2 Likes

I need to practice patience and work on grounding and relaxing myself to help with anxiety and negative thinking, will put more effort in.

That is a monster swim, you must of felt amazing, 300 butterfly on its own sounds like it would put me in the hospital, well done itā€™s a great swim!

1 Like

Will be back to the pool tonight.
Just made my 10 minutes strength workout :muscle:t2:
I want to ad to daily routine.

Hope I will have a smooth one tonight :swimming_woman:t3:

Swim number 2.
Missed last week.
900m in 53mins.
Felt way better than my first swim. Managed to get quite a few full lengths of freestyle in and my breathing was definitely getting into a better rhythm.

2 Likes

Sounds goodā€¦
Are you planning a next swim?

TW breast lol

Had a swim yesterdayā€¦
It was a good one, but I was hit!
By a real big guyā€¦ Kicking his feet in my breast!
Happened during turnā€¦ There were too many people. He didnā€™t even excuse. Fucker.
I had to scream and pauseā€¦ A lifeguard just passed and asked if I am okay. I think I am, my breast looks and feels normal today.

Happy swimming - be aware :ring_buoy:

2 Likes

Oh wow that sounds no good. Iā€™ve been swimming daytime during the week so is very quiet, both times had a lane just my wife and I.
Im not sure if Iā€™d be that keen if it was super

Yea Iā€™m still keen to go every week, I got tattooed on the weekend though so I might have to give this week a miss, maybe aim for early next week

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Duck attackā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like