Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

I got something…
for my arm training :muscle:t2:

And pssssst, by the way I can make extra big splashes with my paddles to get rid of the “dry hair ducks”

Oups I am just doing a special technique drill
:innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@Juli1 @Tragicfarinelli @Twizzle00
First ever lap swimming for exercise today. Was good, so much to work on which I love. Didn’t die and managed a few full lengths of freestyle in amongst it all :laughing:
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Aim is to go once a week.

6 Likes

That’s good :muscle:
The feeling when in the pool is amazing. The world just stops and I’m there in the moment. Mind on nothing but the adventure of swimming ahead of me.

4 Likes

Maybe once i get a bit better I can zone out. But I was concentrating pretty hard in the beginning. Few more times hopefully I’ll find a flow

4 Likes

Well done thats a good distance for a first training session and pace is bang on

3 Likes

Congratulations 🩵 you made it and that’s what counts. You will slowly get better. Set tiny goals… Enjoy the feeling of the water as @Twizzle00 described :blush:

3 Likes

That is ridiculously good! Well done.

3 Likes

Im not sure about good or not. I feel I won just by giving it a go. I was struggling to get my breathing right for freestyle, think i was going to fast with my arms, went better when I focused on going slower and relaxing more. Quite a few of those laps were backstroke. Happy I’ve got a new activity to try and improve on

2 Likes

Well just enjoy it! You seem a natural!

1 Like

Good attitude :smiley:
I love Videos from myswimpro and Fares ksabati or myswimgym on YouTube for just astetique motivation or technique tips.
In my experience it’s important to correct technique and learn skills one by one and then practice several sessions. (like focus on breathing, focus on arm entry, pull, kick… But not all in one session). It needs patience.

2 Likes

Meet you down there :heart: 🩷 :heart:

2 Likes

Coping mechanism of the day! Lol…

1 Like

Those are funny looking flippers…

1 Like

Just some comfy sneakers…
I needed something satisfying and was randomly parking at a shoe store :sweat_smile:
As this is my thread I feel free to share about anything. As you are all welcome too 🩵

I have a serious body feeling and image issue today… But I will give a fuck and not hide and showing up in my swimsuit tonight at training.
I am what I am. Strong swimmer at least. :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

They do look very comfy, enjoy the swim tonight I’ll be back in the pool tomorrow morning

2 Likes

Neuroplasticity

Struggling with my body image last days, I remembered the research about neuroplasticity. And so I started patient practice…

:purple_heart: 🩷 :purple_heart:

It’s amazing what happens if we start reprogramming our brain. Did a longer meditation yesterday and today in the late afternoon (in addition to my morning meditation routine… And another kind of). Feeling much better.

Today I kicked 3000 meters in 70 minutes…
Including 300 butterfly, 2 x 25 and 2 x 50…
Bäm! Getting better in it… :dolphin:

2 Likes

I need to practice patience and work on grounding and relaxing myself to help with anxiety and negative thinking, will put more effort in.

That is a monster swim, you must of felt amazing, 300 butterfly on its own sounds like it would put me in the hospital, well done it’s a great swim!

1 Like

Will be back to the pool tonight.
Just made my 10 minutes strength workout :muscle:t2:
I want to ad to daily routine.

Hope I will have a smooth one tonight :swimming_woman:t3:

Swim number 2.
Missed last week.
900m in 53mins.
Felt way better than my first swim. Managed to get quite a few full lengths of freestyle in and my breathing was definitely getting into a better rhythm.

1 Like