Talking Sober Feedback

@Zara, it was the app that was updated. I’ll try my new phone now and see if it works. I don’t chat much from my phone. (to be continued…)

Edited: It doesn’t work. @Robin will need to look at this…

2 Likes

Then I don’t know what happened :joy: for a while during the day I couldn’t access the forum from the app or web, not on phone nor desktop

Since the TS update, I can’t “Reply To” on my PC. Is anyone else having this problem?

This app update makes my chat work funky. I like that we can see the names of people now but I struggle moving back and forth between the forum and the chat. I have to hit home each time which means I have to wait for an ad from a game to stop. LOL

3 Likes

Like it doesn’t show who you replied to? I think I was having that issue from the desktop

Yah, exactly @carmen071.

1 Like

Same on the PC - Have to reopen the site in a new tab

That actually just happened to me on the app as well.

EDITED: ugh sorry to be totally confusing, I was using browser on my phone. Thinking I was on the app. So yeah…I have that issue via browser (not showing who I am replying to, although it doesn’t happen every time) and the forum still does not work for me through the app.

1 Like

Haha, yes. I’m a literature person. I dont ever correct people’s speech in real life, but I can’t read without that editorial impulse.

& @carmen071 Oh good I’m not alone. Old Android here too and the forum is no longer working through the app.

1 Like

Hi, everyone.

Thanks for the feedback. The forum was updated to the latest version available. Looks like some issues rose up.
What do you mean when you say the forum is not working on your Android? What happens? Does it just load forever or what?

I’m also getting the issue with the chat where you can’t close the chatbox.

I’m looking into getting it back up and running again.

2 Likes

Good morning @Robin

When opening the forum through the app it attempts to load i.e symbol round and round then just blank white page.

On the PC the Chatbox doesn’t always close.

Hi Robin - I’m running Android 6.0.1 on a Galaxy S5 and although the update wasn’t switching between chat and forum for a day or two after the update everything’s working really well now.
Really handy to see the usernames in the chatroom now!

Don’t even know how to explain this glitch. That’s on the PC (Google Chrome)

Alright, when I updated the forum and the plugin they both went up to the latest version. There seems to be a problem with the chat’s latest version, so I have instead went back to the second latest version. It looks like this fixes the issue with the chat window not closing.

Is that why the site ‘crashed’ a second ago @Robin ? :joy:

It rebooted after the update

1 Like

That issue has been resolved as well now :smile:

1 Like

I’ve also got the error where the forum doesn’t show on older Android devices. It seems to be an issue with the chat that causes the page to not load properly. Looking into it at the moment.

2 Likes

Yes that is exactly it on my older android…loading sign and then blank. Thanks for looking into it :slight_smile: