Talking Sober Feedback

@Robin today’s update fixed the problem on my old android as far as now I can get to the forum via the app!

1 Like

@Robin Hi I seemed to have lost the little megaphone :loudspeaker: symbol for the sober talk section. Can you help?
Thanks.

@Moss The chat is temporarily disabled since it caused the site to stop working on a lot of Android devices. See this for reference:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sober Time Feedback

I feel so slow I am not good at technology I have no enter button I am on my phone should I try to download a different keyboard
?

1 Like

Used to be called the return when I were a lad, 500 years ago!

2 Likes

Is there going to be another update for the chat eventually? For some reason it is still very touchy on my phone. I have a galaxy s5 active.

@Steve92 I’ll update it as soon as a new version is available

1 Like

Hi @Steve92, My S5 alerted me to 3 updates, one being the Sober Time app.
Not sure if that will help you but maybe worth giving it a try?

Updates to the app rarely affect the forum. It can sometimes change the forum screen in the app, but that’s it.

The forum is hosted separately and can be accessed on www.TalkingSober.com. That means that an app update is not required to update or change anything on the forum.

The last app update added a “Total Weeks” display mode, but didn’t do anything for the forum.

3 Likes

Ah oh…what did you do? :imp:

1 Like

It looks like once we changed over to the new year it gave actual dates but anything from last year just got lumped into month and year.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me and usually wouldn’t even notice but I was going to start a post. And the top part of the page is permanently hidden behind the talking sober logo. I can see the bottom of two grey boxes I assume are the start a new post. I’m using an iPhone and on the current update. Not grumping just thought if I’m having the issue then others might be as well and you should know

@Chad_R & @Robin . I have a similar problem with my iPhone 5S with latest iOS, but I tried it on my wife’s 6S, and she doesn’t experience the problem with the blocking logo. It could be it varies with phone mode. and ios. Robin any ideas?

1 Like

I think mine is a 5 also. I know I need to upgrade but this one works lol

1 Like

I have an IPhone 6 Plus, latest os update and have the same problem…

1 Like

I wonder if we are missing some sort of obvious answer here?
It was members of the community who flagged this post and a relatively vocal member of the community that flagged Dan a while ago.
There are quite substantial differences between both posts, but a mechanism had to kick in when the posts were flagged.
I guess we’d all be in agreement that once flagged, something has to happen.
A lot of people on the forum (me included) wanted to give whatever support we could.
However, the rules, and other members of the forum were against this happening or felt triggered.
So, we can’t leave everything as is or the rules are broken and half the community’s upset/triggered.
And we don’t want to censor/kick out the people who post because half the community feel we’re here to HELP these people.
Here’s a thought:
We’ve got the Forum for the serious business of our addictions and trying to give help, advice, etc.
And we’ve got the Lounge, which can be a bit of fun.
And it’s LOCKED.
Let’s say there’s some mechanism applied where all community members are given an option - you can be a member of the everyday, governed, safe community, everything regulated.
And you have an option to also join a LOCKED forum (which still, of course, has some form of regulation - although if it was me, maybe not) which, let’s take the @Restlesssoul post as an example:
It’s posted,
10 replies (3 members are regular, 7 have locked forum access)
2 people flag it
Whole post’s automatically moved to the LOCKED section.
Automatic responses to everyone to say it’s moved.
We all carry on.

Am I being silly @Robin, @Steve92, @JustL, @Oliverjava? I have no idea. But it’d be nice to come up with something that suits everyone.

5 Likes

I like this idea. Another suggestion I would like to make is that next time we should approach similar issues in a way where people who flagged posts would feel able to explain their reasons. Its not just about the person who was flagged but also about people affected enough to flag it… We will never know why @Restlesssoul post was flagged, but can we please learn from this and move forward

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE that idea!!! I really hope you consider doing this @Robin

Robin explained why it was flagged in detail.

I think it would only create conflict and hurt other members’ feelings if people were supposed to explain why a post triggered them. It just does, they shouldn’t have to explain. A different way to moderate what’s been flagged might be a good idea like @Charlesfreck suggested.

1 Like