Talking Sober Feedback

Hello, everyone.

Talking Sober is still new and I want to really set this community up for the benefit of everyone in it. If there are any features you would like to see, or things you would like to change on the site, please reply here.

Robin

5 Likes

Hey @Robin, is there a way to post images within a topic?

1 Like

@Volatile you can by clicking the “upload” button in the bottom right corner when posting. There’s currently a bug where you can’t do this if you are using it through Sober Time though. I’m working on it.

2 Likes

What she said :blush: I wanted to share a photo of my twisties and snickers yesterday :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is possible @Robin, but it would be very convenient to have the option to turn on notifications for the forum. That way I don’t have to check my email or the forum itself to see if I have replies, it would just pop up on my phone.

If it’s not possible that’s okay, it’s not an issue. Just a thought :smirk:

1 Like

Hi @Volatile

Unfortunately, I can’t do that since the forum is actually a separate website :’(

@Robin is there a time limit before we can upload profile pictures…I’ve tried but can’t get it to work?

That’s alright, i thought that might be the case. Thanks Anyway :smirk:

@Rikk It’s a really troublesome little bug with Android and websites. You can’t upload images/files from the app.I’m working on this and will hopefully get it fixed soon.

As a workaround you can go to www.talkingsober.com in your browser (like Google Chrome), log in there and upload your profile picture.

1 Like

Ok thanks @Robin …

Just want to let everyone know that I fixed this in the latest version of the app. Hope that solves it, but if you have any more issues you can let me know.

1 Like

@robin is there anyway of setting up the categories into tabs where each thread under its specified category can be found?
So that way everything’s not just in one long row of mixed up categories…so say you want to find motivational you could go to the motivational tab and look through there…etc…

Hi @Rikk

You can get to that view by pressing the menu icon in the top-right and then pressing “Categories”.
Alternatively you can also go to http://talkingsober.com/categories

Aha!
Learn something new everyday lol!
Thanks!

@Robin
Just curious …
Is there a way of adding a chat feature to the forums?
Was just thinking it might help when people need to talk in the moment and might not want to wait on a thread response.
I know we could share numbers or Facebook info but i don’t think everyone would be comfortable doing that.
Just a thought

4 Likes

Yes chat feature would be wonderful

Hi @Rikk

The software that this forum runs on, Discourse, has no official chat feature or functionality.

There’s an addon that I can install that provides chat functionality, but it’s not official and it’s still in development. I’ll test it out and see how it goes, but I can’t promise anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Robin
Ok cool…was just something i was thinking about.
Looking forward to testing it out!

1 Like

Hi @Rikk,

It’s installed! Check it out and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Robin, great site. Thankful I found it. One feature I think would be cool to see on our user profile is the amount of days a user has been sober, if they choose to share that information. I wonder if it can be carried over from the other site, if not we could enter it ourselves on Talking Sober. Idk, I just think the sobriety count is something we can show and be prideful about without having to mention it. It’s also inspirational to others, I believe.

Anyway, thanks for everything. Awesome community right here. Btw, I’m on Day 6. Yay! I haven’t entered this territory in almost 3 years.

Stay strong all.

3 Likes