Talking Sober Feedback

As long as I have the VIP access. haha, great idea though.

1 Like

Keeping things organized is part of what I do. Please try posting in the correct topic.

Hmm, Iā€™m not sure if the forum that this runs on (Discourse) can have a ā€œloungeā€ area with that functionality. Iā€™ll do some research!

1 Like

I agree, I think its bad for the community and bad for their sobriety as well as those who are not moderaters.

1 Like

Iā€™m on 6 and having same problemā€¦I canā€™t ā€œsearchā€ anymore because things are hidden. I try to avoid using computers for this community because of browser historyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big fan of ā€˜Automationā€™ @Robin, but something that can keep the majority more comfortable in these situations, and that once set up doesnā€™t require extra time, could be worth an enquiry or two.
Thanks for putting it on your list.

I didnt even know it was a thing until now.Wonder what else I had missedā€¦

Ok now Iā€™m confused too. @Robin ā€œPlease try posting in the correct topic.ā€ Seems a little harsh since it seemed you created the ā€œabout sober time and talking soberā€ topic so we could further this discussion?
I guess Iā€™m also confused as to what the rules are. For example, a member posted here the other day admitting they were under the influence and their posts that stated that were removed. However, they also posted multiple times on otherā€™s topics at that same time and those werenā€™t removed by the moderator who knew she was intoxicated. There doesnā€™t seem to be much consistency or fairness when it comes to enforcing rules.

I see thereā€™s an option to build a poll in a topic. Maybe a poll or vote would be a good way to see how the majority or the community feels about this?

@Robin thank you for this safe space and all your hard work. I am very grateful for this forum and hope it continues being a place where members feel comfortable and welcomed.

1 Like

My 5 phone same thing. Chat used to not work but since Robin added that icon the chat works. Logo hides the topic title

1 Like

Whatā€™s happened to the chat, only newer icon now but when I click it tells me ā€œoops this page doesnā€™t existā€

1 Like

@Zara Working on it.

Ah ok :smile:

I can partially provide a reply regarding removing posts; I volunteered to do this few weeks ago at the same time as Steve, so we are rather new to this side of things. We came up with an understanding that to begin with we should shadow Robin only so no major decisions like removing flagged posts, I also looked at previous flags and subsequent actions just to get a feel for how things work. I might sound a little naive but I never even thought to look at flagged personā€™s posting history and how to approach this.

Separate subject whilst Iā€™m still on itā€¦ @Robin, how would you feel about opening a separate thread for people under influence. This would provide us with a choice to read it or not? I had discussion with some people in the past and we saw lots of positives as well as some potential downfalls so I would like to hear different opinions to mine.

1 Like

@JustL That sounds like a good idea. Iā€™m looking into the custom lounge that @Charlesfreck suggested, but I donā€™t think it will be possible. In the meanwhile, Iā€™ll create a new poll to see if people would like a separate topic where posting under the influence is allowed.

1 Like

I just did a bit of random sampling names and icons - everything seems ok for me @Oliverjava.

Hi @Robin. Has anyone had a chance to look at this ā€œglitchā€ that I posted earlier in this thread? I still notice it most days. I think it has the added side effect of not notifying someone that the reply happened?

I donā€™t know if it just my phone or the app. When Iā€™m typing on the app it will let me type out the word Iā€™m trying to then it either deletes the word completely or puts only half of the word or a different word from auto correct. It happens every other word or so. But when I use the forum on my browser I can type fine.

If no one got back to you you can get all the info if you click on the activity selection and go to summery. All the stats are there

Hi can someone please reply to this post as a test or what I tried to explain to @Robin. (only one person needed please :relaxed:) - reply to this post, and not the whole topic. Thanks.

Test 1 2 test 1 2