Talking Sober Feedback

Hi @Robin. Had one feature suggestion.

So when a topic is unread it appears in bold, and then when you read it it appears un-bolded. But there are times when I’d like to make it “unread” again and back to bold. For example it might be a topic I plan to reply to later on. Gmail has this feature where you can mark an email “unread” again. Would be useful here!

That’s what the bookmark button is for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… I’m kind of using that as a backup, but that’s not what bookmark is really for. :thinking: For example Gmail has both “unread” and “bookmark” feature.

It’s not in the pipeline for Discourse. I just read a similar topic where people are requesting it, but they are using the bookmark feature as a workaround.

1 Like

ah, ok. Thanks for checking. At least they are aware.

I’m new to the group & can’t figure out how to post a new topic can you help? Thank you!

Well come @Karen7 :slight_smile: press ‘topics’ (top right) and you’ll see ‘create new topic’ on the top right

1 Like

You can go to the home page by tapping the Talking Sober Icon in the top-right. After that you’ll see a “New Topic” button in the top-right.

Then how do I post it?

There is a blue box towards the bottom of the text box says post or create something along that line.

1 Like

@Karen7, have a little play around, we can always delete/adjust it if you post something incorrectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Robin…I’ve actually been having this problem lately on my iOS. I couldn’t figure out what is wrong but now I see that when I open the community the top bit is hidden. I’m not sure if it is behind the header that includes the search, chat room, and my account links or if it is behind all the icons of who is online. Either way, I can access the “new topic” icon on my phone.

Could you include a screenshot?

You can just see the new topic box under the Talking Sober banner.

I will second that. And the thread title is not visible when you click to read posts

Okay, I feel a little dumb now but I tried turning my phone on its side (landscape view) and the new topic button appeared again. It’s a pain in the butt but it is a work around.

Looks like it happened on the smaller screens due to the header being too wide. I’ve change it so that it only shows the compact Talking Sober logo instead of the full one when you’re on mobile.

That should solve the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Robin what’s the green circle with the number by my profile? I know I get notifications there. Like for pm but I have a green dot now with a 1 inside it and it stays there. I know I read my pms. So the blue dot for pm is gone. Green I cant figure out👱

Blue is for notifications, for example when someone mentions you in a post.
Green is for private messages. Go check out your inbox.

Is there like a legend that explains what all the different colored dots and bubbles mean next to the topics??