Tattoo inspiration šŸ™

Now thats an idea- love it! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging meā€¦ Yay congrats on your one yearā€¦I personally wouldnā€™t get any dates you just never know and next thing you know youā€™re looking for a cover up.
But a sobriety quote is definitely an awesome idea, or whatā€™s really helped you along your journey of sobriety? A.A? N.A?, Jogging, gym anything like that at all been a big part. Also I would say when you do come up with some ideas throw them at your artist. find an artists style that you like and give them some room to be creative with ideas you give them and let them know itā€™s a sobriety piece, Iā€™m sure they will come up with something amazing. Iā€™d say id love to design it for you but most tattoo artist wonā€™t tattoo other artist work they would rather make it their own.

6 Likes

Ok, i will have a think ā€¦thank you so much for your sound advice Michael i really appreciate it :pray:

3 Likes

Haha what? You must have me confused with someone. Iā€™m only a couple years sober :joy:

3 Likes

Thats not actually @Faugxh on her avatar u no :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes it is. :joy: Iā€™ve explained this before. Iā€™m this young lady from the 18th century, all tatted up from the neck down. :+1:

Anyway. Not do derail. @SobrietyForMe checking in is good. Gonna send some resources and old-timer inspiration your way. Since you like old ppl lol

Resources for our recovery

Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

Back to tatt talk!

3 Likes

You absolutely would be covered in tatts if youd been sober since the 18th century was my thinking :thinking: maybe thats why you are so wiseā€¦and like to say f*&k :laughing:

5 Likes

Big congrats on 90 days. I remember mine. Was a big deal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted a tattoo to remind me of my recovery as well but didnā€™t dare to choose my date. A ā€œnormalā€ numbered date like 18-09-2018 would give questions about it. The Roman numbers would give less questions but I have had a rlapse after a sober stretch of 5 years so a date is tricky. What if I relapse again?
So since a few year I have the latin name of a ā€œBlauwe Knoopā€ flower. In the early days there was a group of people who where sober and called themselves from the ā€œBlauwe knoopā€
This days it is a Dutch saying if someone doesnā€™t drink: he is from the Blauwe Knoop.
But again I do not like questions so I choose the latin name.
And that I have tattoed on my arm.

I also was thinking about 0% but again that is a bit to obvious.
Still happy with my chosen ink :sunglasses:

What I did is make a album on my phone and collect all the tattoo ideas in it. After a while you get rid of the ones you do not like after all.
I do so with every tattoo I have.

Good luck with finding yours!!

5 Likes

4 Likes

That is awesome, like it lots.

Is that Crib Goch in your profile picture ?

6 Likes

Maybe a branch with a leaf on it and every year of sobriety you can add another leafā€¦eventually becoming a tree.

5 Likes

Keep drinking and doing drugs, this is whatā€™s waiting for you

6 Likes

Great message and good reminder
Love the tat Joe

2 Likes

Not necessarily a sober tattoo but these baseball stitches have been on my arm for a while now and they remind me of years in my life. I can count them and think about where I was and what I was doing how I was living. Being back in the game is actually another facet of why I quit drinking. I canā€™t be the best coach for my players if Iā€™m drinking. They count on me to be my very best everyday.

5 Likes

Pretty. Love the black and grey

2 Likes

Yep on Crib :ok_hand::+1:

Some cool tatts hereā€¦i still havent had a tattoo yet as i havent been able to afford one :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I had the serenity prayer inked. Iā€™ve also got the spiritual sign for breathe with the lotus flower co operated into it!! Well done to you and enjoy looking at ideas for your 1st tattoo hun :ok_hand::v:

7 Likes