Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

I took a shower and walked my dog. Drank coffee and read library book.

4 Likes

I crazy cleaned my house this morning! Took my daughter and her friend to the carnival that is in town. I got them both all- you- can- ride bracelets. I let them play games and bought funnel cakes. We came home and made dinner and homemade chocolate chip cookies for them. Watched a B rate horrible movie ALL the way to the end :joy: And finished all my laundry.
Sobriety = more energy, more money, more time for my baby’s happiness and my own, and the ability to watch a movie all the way to the end to attest it’s true awfulness!

7 Likes

That sounds like an awesome day!

2 Likes

@Cjp it was! But every day is when you’re comfortable in your sobriety skin right? :wink::grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Last night and today I went toy shed/shop and assembled some tools and stuff I have been meaning to assemble. Bring that personal space to life definitely helps me fight those urges.

4 Likes

Woke up early, went to work clear headed, talked to my boyfriend and mom, chewed gum, looking forward to seeing my pup later, getting some indian food take out, attending therapy, and taking a relaxing bath. It really is the “little things” that add up to big things aka your whole day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Made my infamous baked Mac and Cheese and hand delivered it to my good friends

7 Likes

Juste came back from groceries with some chocolate and Reading a Book right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Writing about my feelings. Talking to someone who cares about me. Working out. Eating regularly.

6 Likes

Went for a run, nice warm shower, ate a healthy breakfast, attended & spoke in my online meeting, cooking a healthy meal so I stay full & energized, enjoying the snow melting, watch a video in the Tempest library :+1:

3 Likes

Sat down to a nice breakfast out this morning with my Mrs.

3 Likes

Yes, relatable for sure. In my drinking days i could never make it to the end of a movie either…conked out and snoring away about mid way through.

3 Likes

Yes!!! Lol I watched a whole bunch of movies over when I got sober so that I could see the endings :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Today is my 1 year. I met with my sponsor and got my 1 year chip. I’ve been over the moon all day.

13 Likes

Went to a meeting.

3 Likes

download
Congrats!! Good job!! I hope you did something wonderful for yourself!!

3 Likes

Practiced gratitude. Went to work. Took a walk.

3 Likes

Went to the gym, journaled, practiced deep breathing

5 Likes

I’ve got a cold, so it’s easy today :rofl:. I don’t want to weaken my immune system anymore than it already is.

3 Likes

I am white knuckling today. I imagine my journey is like that of a plane on auto-pilot. The plane is malfunctioning and using the auto-pilot (drugs and booze) to hide it.

Once you disengage AP (stop using) you grab the controls and immediately buzzers and alarms going off, the control column is shaking and it’s taking all the muscle strength in your arms to pull out of the dive and staight and level again…not to mention flying through turbulence (external life stuff we can’t control, but stresses us out).

You know that AP won’t save you this time but you can’t just let go either or you and your passengers will die. In this moment, I am fighting for control but trust in my ability and the good Lord that smooth skies and soft landings are ahead.

4 Likes