Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

Took a walk, did some gardening with my sister in law, baked some bread, and lastly movies marathon with my siblings… it was a fun chill day… :blush:

4 Likes

Watching old Western shows on INSP with my Mom. It’s a cold, damp day outside. All comfy with my favourite throw blanket and a nice bowl of hot, homemade soup.

4 Likes

Nice word picture. Stay strong! You can do this. Happy landings. :muscle:

W.B.

1 Like

Today I drive to Mont Tremblant. No skiing for me but we did walk around the village, had dinner, then toured the area.

Tomorrow I will stay sober by getting my relax on at the Scandinavian Spa!!

:massage_woman::woman_in_steamy_room:t2:

8 Likes

Woke up sober, had a nice breakfast and headed off to work for the day. Now relaxing with my feetbup and had a virgin ceasar for a treat. Goingvto relax and watch a movie later too.

4 Likes

Hit an AA meeting

4 Likes

Was hunched over like an old man after I got out of work and decided to try to see if I could do the bike at the gym or the sauna to get some activity in and ended up doing 3.5 miles in the bike over half an hour going really slow. It was a great living metaphor for the progress in making every day slowly but surely, and I finished being and to stand up straight! (a rare achievement since this injury). That helped me feel extremely content going slow, starting over, and just being in the moment taking gains wherever I can get them… Similarly, even though my sobriety is with respect to PMO, if I had been taking pain medicine prescriptions I would have never had a reason to generate real solutions, and instead have let everything, again, degenerate in the darkness and fog. It’s been very, very helpful being in touch with the pain and the pressure to adapt. Hope everyone is adapting strongly to their situations as well, good luck guys.

7 Likes

Worked in my shop playing with my new laser engraver! Getting the shed set up for hobby and craft has been amazing in giving me somewhere to put energy in sobriety. Highly recommend!

4 Likes

I got myself moving and enjoyed the first real spring day here. Nature waking up. No people out as they are busy doing family things on Saturday. I like this peace.

3 Likes

It’s snowing out here in Ontario Canada heavy. Did some cleaning inside and outside and took a nice picture. Today is a decent day so far :+1::100:

5 Likes

Turned my will and life over to the care of God ….

6 Likes

Enjoy your day. Jelious abit lol :muscle::heart::100:

2 Likes

Hit an AA meeting. Grabbed lunch with a newbie. Threw together a healthy dinner in the crockpot to avoid HALT. Maxed out my likes here.

6 Likes

I’m with you @Cjp regarding the crockpot, it’s part of my sober toolkit, makes sure I avoid the cooking/wine combo in the evening, plus it smells delicious and ensures I eat something I enjoy. Late afternoon & evening is my danger zone, never was much of a day drinker. I’m only grocery shopping in the mornings to avoid afternoon temptation with the booze section which takes up about a quarter of the store :roll_eyes:. Today to stay sober I attended my morning meeting, watched a video on EFT to release cravings, added tapping to my journal as a self-care ritual, started packing my roof carrier for my trip so I don’t stress myself out the day before I leave. Now I’m reading ST threads, posting & sipping my pineapple/mint/lime mocktail.

4 Likes

Meditated and sat with my anxiety for the upcoming work week. Acknowledging it has allowed me to not let it control how I feel today.

4 Likes

Swimming, diving, eating, yoga, meditating.

3 Likes

Made this for dinner. I’ve been trying new ways of cooking chicory and after caramelizing and baking it in the oven with onions and chicken, I realized that I don’t like chicory. Way too bitter no matter how I prepare it. Should have just used the Bak Choi instead—would have added a nice pop of green too! But the chicken and the caramelized onion sauce was delicious :yum:

7 Likes

Hit the gym, played with my doggo and made a couple of pizzas from scratch.

10 Likes

The weekends have become for shopping. I go with my wife and kids. We hit whatever we need for the week or have been wanting for. Nice thing about sobriety, being a better provider, not ALWAYS saying no. It feels good to spend time I would have spent getting loaded, creating memories and a bond instead. Today we finished at starbucks for afternoon snacks :yum:

8 Likes

Yum-O! That looks delish. :+1:

2 Likes