Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

Those are some mighty fine lookin’ pies there! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Bought one of those mini bottles of red wine (1 glass) to stick in the hunters chicken sauce I was making rather than buying a bottle and praying that I somehow wouldn’t drink the rest of it, which would have required willpower that I’d rather not have to use !

6 Likes

Finished packing my roof carrier for my trip west, now just some odds & ends which I’ll do tomorrow. Lots of room for my doggos and their beds in the back thanks to having all my stuff up top :+1:. Trying to limit the stress on this trip. Froze meals for the hotels so I don’t either go into a restaurant & get tempted or go to bed hungry & then have poor energy for days 2 & 3 of driving. I’m very excited to get back to New Mexico & be with the horses, it’s my favorite place on earth. Excited to see if being sober helps with acclimating to the altitude and sleeping better. I attended my morning meeting today, I don’t think I’ll be able to join one again until I get there unless I hit an evening one just right. Just had an iced coffee as my 4am start is catching up with me. Looking forward to a chill evening.

3 Likes

I’ve been working with 2 Sponsee’s lately. The constant reminder of what early sobriety is like is refreshing

8 Likes

For me, I did the most thing I Love to do, making a Gratin at lunch, that was amazing and so delicious… Love you guys

3 Likes

Went to my 1st meeting…

9 Likes

Just living here in the present. It’s so easy at the present moment when I’m not looking towards the next hour.

3 Likes

Ate gummy worms! (Can’t always make the best choices :joy:) but I did attend an online meeting and am getting settled to read some quit lit!

7 Likes

Being intentionally thankful
Practice Deep breathing
Bouncing my thoughts in right directions
Hugged myself tight in a towel… This may sound weird… When my kids “act out” I have found they need really just need extra hugs. So I will give them “30 second hug” they hate it but always leave in a better mood. I found that I too need hugs when I am struggling with “acting out”. I feel stupid trying to hug myself it but it’s the only hugs I get. :sweat_smile: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

5 Likes

Canceled on a work meeting that was happening at a bar and went to get Yemeni food with an old university friend instead. I said this meeting can be an email :joy:

5 Likes

Also cancelled a work meeting in a bar (well, I cancelled my attendance to it). No need to test my willpower today thanks.

6 Likes

Checked in early this morning on a different thread; journaled about how I want to feel (healthy, calm, peaceful, in healthy control of myself, surrendered to what I know is best for me). Working on identifying triggers. Gratitude for myself that I can change.

2 Likes

Talked to my Daughter, and best friend. Prayed, commented on several post

4 Likes

I walked my dog and read

4 Likes

I spent time with my cats. Sleep a lot. My brain kept telling me hey its saturday but i stayed at home. Had some mental issues. Cried. BUT I DID NOT DRINK. PROUD.

7 Likes

Went for a looooooooooong drive all by myself. Took some great pics of the Topa Topa mountains in Ojai, CA.

7 Likes

Soo peaceful…

2 Likes

Yes it was. It really helped clear my head today.

2 Likes

Kept a positive mind in the face of adversity, cried, talked, asked for forgiveness, asked for a second chance.

3 Likes

Went for a walk with my dog son. Exercise is good for my mood and body and i feel like a good dog mom today

4 Likes