Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

Rest up @IShell

1 Like

Taking a walk by the harbour and just enjoying this perfect day and the good vibe I’m feeling.

2 Likes

I am! Thank you :blush:

Helped a fellow alcoholic with her feelings of resentment toward her dead beat hubby. Went to my home group meeting and shared about forgiveness. A good sober day it was! Night folks!!!

7 Likes

Ordered a lime cordial even though I paid for all inclusive (inc alcohol) at the resort we’re staying at when I booked it last year! Can’t lie… it was hard to turn down booze that I’d already paid for :rofl: but I did it. I’d forgotten I booked all inc and it’s now more expensive to change to a basic package than keep what we have. Oh well, willpower test this week

5 Likes

Spoke to my counselor, even though opening up (only 2nd session) made me very nervous.

4 Likes

I cleaned up my laneway after a lot of fallen trees with the chainsaw all day, then fed my cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens and ducks and made pizza which i brought out to share with the barn cat. Kepy busy thats for sure and instead of chore beers i had water and a diet coke.

4 Likes

@Andi20 do you want to talk about what is causing your struggles? When I saw that you hadn’t posted in a while and that you were struggling, it made me feel sad.

I think boredom to be honest. I used to think it was who I hung out with because that’s I’ll we did. Well I moved and well I don’t really know anyone but family here we started drinking all the time it seemed I do drink at home some more than anything. I think I got to a point though like I’m over it tired of being tired. This can’t be it. There had to be more than just drinking. I want to enjoy life. Today is day 5 I feel better. I think this is the longest I have went in a long time. This weekend will be hard but I will get through it.

1 Like

My first week I drank a ton of lemon water! I kept my cup filled at all times. I also didn’t do a ton of chores, I kind of took it easy and wrote whatever came to mind in my journal. I got takeout and watched old movies that used to make me feel good. Made a list of things I liked to do before I was drinking myself to sleep every night and realized all I could do with the $100 a week+ I would be saving. I had gone to rehab last spring and stayed for 100 days, a place called Beach House and I sadly relapsed when I get home in September but I’m back! Congrats to you! You can do it!! We all can

7 Likes

It’s sour patch kids for me! I NEVER craved candy like that besides Reese’s before getting sober lol. It’s that 3 week sugar desire

3 Likes

Remained calm

5 Likes

:joy: now that I’m 40+ days in the sugar cravings have subsided a little bit now I think I stress-snack. I deal with this for now by eating a very healthy breakfast and lunch, and then I let myself eat some candy or snacks around dinner time. It’s still better than drinking poison!!

3 Likes

Family is in town been ok. Until now it’s Friday they are all drinking I have told them I’m not which I haven’t all week. I am currently drinking water while they drink. Can’t wait to get home though. I knew the weekend would be a huge struggle.

3 Likes

Youve got us! Stay strong

1 Like

I managed to remain in a flow of creativity, makes time fly by (sadly) but I have a good time and that counts :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks!! Yea I’m drinking my water keep getting asked to drink. I’m like nooo

1 Like

Hit 20 days sober today but had some strong cravings after work. It’s Friday and I had the task of making a big batch of potato salad for a family event tomorrow. Definitely had some thought of how nice it work be to have a glass…who am I kidding, I mean a bottle…of wine while I cooked. But instead I got myself some Starbucks and treated myself to a new Starbucks tumbler. :grin:

7 Likes

Day 7 Went for a walk today and enjoyed getting damp from some Spring showers on the way back. People probably thought I was a crazy person (no raincoat or umbrella). Lol Then snuggled up on the couch and watched some favorite shows. Going to bed sober, so it worked apparently.

7 Likes

I struggled today. After a whole year, i had the thought of “taking just one hit of ganja” won’t hurt. I was so disappointed in myself for thinking it and almost acting on my impulsive thought. But, instead i called my dad and talked to him about my thoughts. He reminded me about all of my accomplishments and it isnt worth it. So, instead of “just taking one toke”, I decided to spend time with my grandma. I still have my sobriety and i won’t wake up disappointed in myself. I won against the impulsive evil thoughts trying to break me. Not today satan!

14 Likes