Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

Came on here to try and be connected

5 Likes

Daily gratitude, mindfulness, reflection, a dharma recovery meeting, checking in here with my favorite group of misfits :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is what I did to stay sober too! :blush::heartbeat:

Hope you are resting now after such an exhausting day :heart::sleeping:

I spent my long weekend paying with my youngest daughter. Now i am looking forward to a days work tomorrow as i have yet to find full-time employment. Sooooo…I get to help a friend out and make some cash…a great sober day that ends with a feeling of accomplishment and sense of being.
I will only sleep 4 hours now tho, too much excitment to get the job started :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Played a game. Checked in here. Watched a couple movies. Ate some miso soup with kimchi and vermicelli rice noodles. 3 east Asian countries in one bowl sounded like a good idea and it was.

Plan on being productive today.

6 Likes

I watched that and thought that it was bloody brilliant. I hardly watch TV but found that gem and really enjoyed it. Enjoy the big book have you got a sponsor. I found it great reading it with my sponsor. But enjoy best book after the bible

1 Like

I don’t have a sponsor yet but I don’t mine Reading It alone once and I’ll read It with my future sponsor.
And yesss Severance is great juste watched 2 épisode and Adam Scott is a great actor. Yesterday I started Single Drunk Female about a 28 yo women on her sobriety path it’s good

3 Likes

Prepped my work bag last night with my snack, iced coffee, and pot of cerial for snacking n keeping my mouth/hands busy. Helps with stopping off in corner shops and being tempted.

2 Likes

I played the new Legend of Zelda game :blush:

4 Likes

Took this guy to the vets today

3 Likes

I bought this for Friday night! Am so excited

1 Like

I’m sorry that the group chat is so heavy with the drinking / partying. I know that I ran into my old neighbors the other day and it was great to catch up but the conversation did very quickly turn towards drinking. I had to just openly state that I don’t do that anymore and tried to move the conversation to something else. It didn’t so I went home. I know my old friends / acquaintances and routines will need to change if I want my sobriety to survive.
Are you able to join “meetup” groups or possibly do meetings where you would be around like minded people? It is possible to make new friends and hopefully you will not feel isolated for long. We are all here for you to reach out to and chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s super cool – i’m curious now too.
Glad you do have other non drinking friends and are getting in touch with your triggers.

Best of luck with this - we are here if you ever need to discuss or talk through… :wink:

1 Like

Meditated and slowly got my work done - stayed connected to this site. Sober and free of all DOC’s for another day and loving it!

5 Likes

Kitchen project, we got new countertops, so we went the extra yard and added a backsplash and drawer and door handles on our cupboards.
:muscle:

Before:

After:

5 Likes

An AA meeting and talking to a fellow lady. Really helps

2 Likes

meditation / prayer solo and then with my brother
worked on knitting my blanket
mindful scans and deep breathing

4 Likes

Did some grocery shopping for Mom, stopped for a coffee and journaled for a few, came home and piddled around in the yard, getting it spruced up a bit. Going to start dinner in a bit. Been a busy day! :blush:

3 Likes

I listened to the Revovery Elevator podcast, had a therapy session, and did a HIIT workout (hill sprints) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Only on day 3 , and a wreck with no energy.
Didnt have the energy to do my normal workouts… so i just walked and walked and walked at a brisk pace …helped the anxiety., Then found this place today , and spent any diwn time reading other peoples stories… tomorrow i will try to find a doctor …

3 Likes