Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

welcome to the community - well done on day 3 --hey however you do it, just getting through the day sober is a win! glad the brisk walk helped with anxiety.
I do find being active here and reading around is very helpful! It is a great distraction. Best of luck with you doctor hunt tomorrow… hope to see you around the site :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi ! I watered the plants, paid some bills, walked my dog, hugged my partner, apologized for drinking enough to kill a small army on Saturday, took her for dinner and was thankful for not drinking

1 Like

Early morning meeting to get through the day sober

2 Likes

I made lots of icecubes and bought lemons and limes so i can make nice sharp refreshing drinks and staying hydrated at the same time

2 Likes

From yesterday: I was at schooling party and there was alcohol (of course, because it’s party). I was a lot worried about it, but I found there coca cola! So I drank it and stayed sober. Now I’m really proud of it.

For today: Giving myself a peace and care. My body doesn’t need anything harmful.

6 Likes

I do what I normally do every day: I go for a 30 minute walk, walk the dog and do household chores. I think little things like that help keep your mind busy and healthy.

4 Likes

2 meetings and planning the next 24 hours

4 Likes

Grilled some nice salmon on the BBQ for the family’s dinner tonight. Watching “Rick Steve’s Europe”.

1 Like

slept in
used my new knitting needles to work on my blanket
cut nails and massaged hands
meditated

1 Like

I meditated when things got stressful and took my dogs for a walk.

4 Likes

I ate 3 ice cream bars. :yum: No regrets here, I might have a 4th.

3 Likes

Gardening, v rock n roll :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went a walk with the dogs with my friend who is also a alcoholic and talked about everything our journeys and where we are today ,its good to talk especially to someone who gets what you have been through and are still

9 Likes

Did a lot of housework, did. Visited TS often.

3 Likes

took a nap - stayed on ts and practiced some deep breathing

3 Likes

I love the Plum Village meditation app!

3 Likes

spent some quality time with my mom
of course took a nap
practiced my gratitude’s

2 Likes

This weekend was pretty hard. Had some really strong cravings and that addict voice really started rationalizing why it would be ok to go get a bottle of vodka and tempted to test if my drinking was really that much of a problem. Logically I know it was…but those intrusive thoughts really try to gaslight you! So I took some deep breaths, told my boyfriend about my craving so I wouldn’t remain secretive in my thoughts and went to Target for my second Starbucks for the day to take my mind off vodka. Seems to have worked. Going to bed sober and 113 days strong. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Took an afternoon nap.
Washed a load of laundry.
Did the dishes.
Hung out at Barnes & Noble and journaled.

3 Likes

I walked for 30 minutes, journaled, did the dishes, helped my sister with a couple of chores and walked 13,000 steps.

3 Likes